The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Expanding Overtime Compensation

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    This is funny.
    You want OT for more hours?
    How would you feel about extra pay for the more productive worker??

No.....wait......that wouldn't be fair, would it???????
    If there were established measurables per individual, I would have no problem with it. But, since we are all considered a "team", our productivity is measured as a team, because no one person can be more productive than any body else, due to the fact that they need the person ahead or behind them to be productive.

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    If there were established measurables per individual, I would have no problem with it. But, since we are all considered a "team", our productivity is measured as a team, because no one person can be more productive than any body else, due to the fact that they need the person ahead or behind them to be productive.
    Above you said something about individual reviews and now everyone is considered a team.

For some reason it doesn't appear it was group decision to vote the 33 year employee off the island. Salary employees are usually involved in casting those votes. Just saying!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    Above you said something about individual reviews and now everyone is considered a team.

For some reason it doesn't appear it was group decision to vote the 33 year employee off the island. Salary employees are usually involved in casting those votes. Just saying!
    I am referring to my current job, not my past job. Which involved the 33 year employee. This employer is really good to work for. They care more about their employees producing their products than they do the product being produced. The past employer cared more about the product being produced than the people producing it. Huge difference in the environment of the 2.

This goes along with the upping of the minimum wage ... this might then bump up both groups to a higher income level = more tax revenue?

It occurs to me ... if businesses (like C of C) want amnesty to get more low-wage workers, if the min wage is raised, that negates the value of the amnesty for those businesses who would feel that way. The right hand gives, while the left hand taketh away. Then we have these extra 11 million low-skill workers who now can't find a job ... then how do they survive? Unemployment? Welfare?

Interesting history on Glenn Beck this afternoon (I was in the car for 8 hrs & any station I could get to keep me half-alert was welcome) ... the original min wage was proposed by someone in the Woodrow Wilson administration, a Princeton economist. The goal of min wage was to squeeze out low-skill workers, and the economist explained it was better to fully support those low-skill workers, depriving them of work, as they could be better controlled and discouraged from "breeding". So, back then the whole basis for min wage was to DECREASE opportunity for the lowest skilled workers. When employers had to pay more for their lowest skilled jobs, they would choose the most skilled available, and those at the bottom of the food chain would be squeezed out entirely. So, the guy who dreamed this up already knew that the effect of a min wage would be: Dependency that would equal control over that group. Control the health care of those individuals; offer them abortions; eugenics. Right up Margaret Sanger's alley (heroine of Planned Parenthood).
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.