The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Individual Mandate Delayed

Default Individual Mandate Delayed

5-1/2 months after shutting down the govt by refusing to negotiate over delaying the individual mandate for O-care for a year ... Obama has delayed the individual mandate until 2017.

Of course, some damage has already been done since some people cannot get back into their non-conforming policies that were already cancelled. While state insurance commissioners were permitted to extend the old policies, not all of them have done so.

Essentially, delaying so many key aspects of the law, will make life easier for the Ds in the '14 and '16 elections, since the real spit won't hit the fan until after the elections.

If this law is such a great idea, why would anyone want to delay its implementation? If it is so very important to so many people who really need it, why would one not want to see it get going ASAP?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Because the insurance companies are bucking and snorting and the state insurance commissioners are in cahoots with the insurance companies and won't extend the old policies to make it look like a bad thing and a failure. Anything that can make Obama look bad, they will do it, meaning the GOP.

GOP doesn't have to make Berry look bad, that is the one thing he does very well himself.

shinyhead, I think you may underestimate the complexity of what happens when the insurance regs get changed and trying to un-ring the bell when the old policies were already wiped out of the databanks in various computer systems.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

That dog don't hunt. If the insurance companies are deleting the information from the database that fast, shame on them. We have information stored on our servers from 3 years ago or backed up to a secure storage place. You cannot convince me that if someone has a policy that was determined that it didn't meet criteria and then the rules change, that there is not some record of that old policy somewhere in their database. Or if the person has the printed version of the old policy that it cannot be scanned into the system and reinstated. That is just plain gouging the consumer and passing the buck somewhere else. I know we have insurance people here and I shouldn't lump all insurance into the same bad basket. I've seen way too many times that claims are denied for some minor technicality in the fine, fine print. I just have a sour taste in my mouth with the way the majority of insurance companies operate trying to screw people out of paying a claim.

It's not an issue of just digging the old policies out of the trash. The reason why the law said 2 years before the policy swap was that it takes that long to move the new policies through the "approval" process. During that time, people would have been without any insurance policy.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

its no great secret that the GOP, TEAS and maybe even the Libertarians are going to try and hang the anchor of the ACA around the neck of every Dem candidate...it just worked in Fla..if they think they can take back the Senate with the tactic it wont matter that the mandate has been delayed
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    That dog don't hunt. If the insurance companies are deleting the information from the database that fast, shame on them. We have information stored on our servers from 3 years ago or backed up to a secure storage place. You cannot convince me that if someone has a policy that was determined that it didn't meet criteria and then the rules change, that there is not some record of that old policy somewhere in their database. Or if the person has the printed version of the old policy that it cannot be scanned into the system and reinstated. That is just plain gouging the consumer and passing the buck somewhere else. I know we have insurance people here and I shouldn't lump all insurance into the same bad basket. I've seen way too many times that claims are denied for some minor technicality in the fine, fine print. I just have a sour taste in my mouth with the way the majority of insurance companies operate trying to screw people out of paying a claim.
    I know where to start but I won't. Your lack of knowledge on the subject rivals Buzz, Memmon, etc. if you really are interested, do a search here on the subject.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    It's not an issue of just digging the old policies out of the trash. The reason why the law said 2 years before the policy swap was that it takes that long to move the new policies through the "approval" process. During that time, people would have been without any insurance policy.
    I will state again that we have data going back 3 years in our database, GOVT requirement to retain our records for 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I know where to start but I won't. Your lack of knowledge on the subject rivals Buzz, Memmon, etc. if you really are interested, do a search here on the subject.
    What would be the keyword to type in the search window so I can find out? Insurance would be a pretty generic search word. Something a little more specific would cut down the filter time.