The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obstruction or not?

Default Obstruction or not?

Nothing to say here, since I won't read that liberal propaganda BS paper.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)

No wonder I sit and shake my head every time I read a post of yours.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Me or Freezeland?

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    Me or Freezeland?
    Sorry, I thought it wold be clear. Not you.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Just checkin.

I read the article.

The article says that the POTUS can use prosecutorial discretion. My understanding is that prosecutorial discretion cannot be used for an entire group; it pertains to individual cases. Thus, it would not be a defense for use with regard to DREAMERS. With O-care, Obama actually changed specific dates written into the law.

John Turley, someone who voted for Obama & supports his policies, calls Obama's overreach as the most serious Constitutional crisis the country has faced. Yet there seems no mechanism for Congress to do anything about it, short of impeachment. Turley supports Obama policies, but strongly disagrees with how he is going about achieving them.

Maybe it seems like these actions are not significant in and of themselves, but it sets a precedent that a POTUS can simply choose to make changes to a law without the approval of Congress. In fact, when he had the chance to accept a legislative action for delaying the individual mandate, he rejected that ... then went ahead and made the change without Congressional approval.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    I read the article.

The article says that the POTUS can use prosecutorial discretion. My understanding is that prosecutorial discretion cannot be used for an entire group; it pertains to individual cases. Thus, it would not be a defense for use with regard to DREAMERS. With O-care, Obama actually changed specific dates written into the law.

John Turley, someone who voted for Obama & supports his policies, calls Obama's overreach as the most serious Constitutional crisis the country has faced. Yet there seems no mechanism for Congress to do anything about it, short of impeachment. Turley supports Obama policies, but strongly disagrees with how he is going about achieving them.

Maybe it seems like these actions are not significant in and of themselves, but it sets a precedent that a POTUS can simply choose to make changes to a law without the approval of Congress. In fact, when he had the chance to accept a legislative action for delaying the individual mandate, he rejected that ... then went ahead and made the change without Congressional approval.
    Obama is not overstepping his authority. Even as a group he can decide not to go forward. What he is giving though is false hope, because the next president can have charges brought the same day he takes office. If he wants real immigration reform, he had better get to congress and do it. I am guessing that he doesn't care enough to actually do it. He already gains all the political advantage from his position without having to spend any capital to get it done.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Don't break anything
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    I agree, it is outrageous how Obama obstructs the application of the law of the land to suit his whim and politics.