The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Obstruction or not?

  1. #11
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    Obama is not overstepping his authority. Even as a group he can decide not to go forward. What he is giving though is false hope, because the next president can have charges brought the same day he takes office. If he wants real immigration reform, he had better get to congress and do it. I am guessing that he doesn't care enough to actually do it. He already gains all the political advantage from his position without having to spend any capital to get it done.
    While I disagree on the overreach topic, Henlee. You did only mention the immigration law, but no reference to O-care. I do believe he's wrong on both.

    However, I agree with your second thought. If the Ds really cared about immigration so much, why did they do an all-nighter on climate change which had nothing in their talking about any legislation or even proposed legislation, or any real solutions that could actually have any impact? Why weren't they talking about immigration?

    I do disagree with them on immigration. I think that any law that legalizes residency in a "blanket" fashion will not be a good thing for legal, low-wage workers (which would be anything from the min. $7.25 to at least $10/hr ... raise to kids on $20,000/year? That's low-income for even a small family.) It seems that no one who proposes this has any concept of how economic forces work. Unless there are more jobs created, they will just increase the # of people who are unemployed. Seems more sensible to fix immigration first for those workers who have needed skills to contribute. I don't think there is a shortage of $7.25 workers (JMO), but there does seem to be a shortage of jobs for $7.25 workers.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

  2. #12
    Senior Member swampcollielover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    1,887

    Default

    With the Dem's it is always "Symbolism over Substance"....that is why they do these goofy over-nighters on something that most people are not focused on as a primary issue....

    Obama is and continues to be a 'train wreck' for out country and his party!

  3. #13
    Senior Member .44 magnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,087

    Default

    Obama sneaked in to our country, why wouldn't he reward others like himself. Seriously, while I like that Congress voted this bill in, the Senate and Obama will not sign off on it.

    We have individual states that reward illegal immigrants so they will always have a safe haven.

    Until we are willing to deport every single illegal this mess is going to continue. In my state the dreamers get free college tuition even though their parents have not paid 1 cent in taxes. They also get their drivers license. Helping the illegals is a big business for the liberals. The estimates of illegals is a real guess seeing they are not documented. I'd think the estimates are very low as well as the drain they have placed on our tax base.

    No easy answer until Obama is retired, and when enough like minded senators and congressmen, as well as the President agree. Also a big problem is them voting illegally, as in most states it is illegal to ask for ID at the voting stations.

    As our economy declines, more people are not going to be so open minded about supporting Central America inside our borders. We as a nation have spent Billions in Wars in the Middle East to protect Oil interests, yet we have allowed Dictators in our own back yard to keep their citizens in terrible poverty so that they want to flee to the USA.

    If we ever feel the need to use our Military again, regime changes in Central America should be were we start looking. Starting with Mexico. That country should be a thriving economy if the wealth was distributed back to the populous. Not much trickles down south of the border.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith



  4. #14
    Senior Member Henlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    960

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    While I disagree on the overreach topic, Henlee. You did only mention the immigration law, but no reference to O-care. I do believe he's wrong on both.

    However, I agree with your second thought. If the Ds really cared about immigration so much, why did they do an all-nighter on climate change which had nothing in their talking about any legislation or even proposed legislation, or any real solutions that could actually have any impact? Why weren't they talking about immigration?

    I do disagree with them on immigration. I think that any law that legalizes residency in a "blanket" fashion will not be a good thing for legal, low-wage workers (which would be anything from the min. $7.25 to at least $10/hr ... raise to kids on $20,000/year? That's low-income for even a small family.) It seems that no one who proposes this has any concept of how economic forces work. Unless there are more jobs created, they will just increase the # of people who are unemployed. Seems more sensible to fix immigration first for those workers who have needed skills to contribute. I don't think there is a shortage of $7.25 workers (JMO), but there does seem to be a shortage of jobs for $7.25 workers.
    it is a myth that they are only taking up the minimum wage jobs only. They lower the wages for everybody. I am dead against blanket immunity, in fact being in the country illegally is a good reason not to be allowed to stay. The dems are playing some politics with it though. Obama has increased the number of deportations, while at the same time speaking to groups of immigration reform. the R's have fell for it, coming out so stridently hard against it, but not doing nothing. They are definitely taking the rap for a situation which is not theirs. In terms of uneducated immigrants I am not certain that the system is broken, we don't need them, why let them come? I think the fix needs to be to come down hard on the folks that provide these bums jobs.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    SW Minnesota
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    "I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and lived here, even though sometime back they may have entered illegally,"


    --Ronald Reagan

  6. #16
    Senior Member duckheads's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NW Indiana
    Posts
    648

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    it is a myth that they are only taking up the minimum wage jobs only. They lower the wages for everybody. I am dead against blanket immunity, in fact being in the country illegally is a good reason not to be allowed to stay. The dems are playing some politics with it though. Obama has increased the number of deportations, while at the same time speaking to groups of immigration reform. the R's have fell for it, coming out so stridently hard against it, but not doing nothing. They are definitely taking the rap for a situation which is not theirs. In terms of uneducated immigrants I am not certain that the system is broken, we don't need them, why let them come? I think the fix needs to be to come down hard on the folks that provide these bums jobs.
    Better check your facts. The only thing this inept regime has done as far as deportations is change the way they count them. They now add in the people trying to enter illegally at the border with the true deportations of illegals that are already in the country. The latter has only been counted and used for this number in the past.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    870

    Default

    The Republicans are all for big business and claim they wanting the govt to deport illegals. How many of the members here enjoy a good steak, or BBQ ribs or any other food for that matter? Look at the payroll of major meat packers or food producers, you'll find many people named Juan, Jose, Lupe and such. The meat packers employ these people knowing full well that the majority of them are illegal. Do they care, absolutely not. Why don't they care? Because if they didn't have these people, they wouldn't be able to run their business. Let a businessman run his business and keep the govt out of it is what the Repubs say. Now they want the govt to stick their nose into a private business an get rid of 90% of his workforce. Oh the hypocrisy!!!

  8. #18
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    The Republicans are all for big business and claim they wanting the govt to deport illegals. How many of the members here enjoy a good steak, or BBQ ribs or any other food for that matter? Look at the payroll of major meat packers or food producers, you'll find many people named Juan, Jose, Lupe and such. The meat packers employ these people knowing full well that the majority of them are illegal. Do they care, absolutely not. Why don't they care? Because if they didn't have these people, they wouldn't be able to run their business. Let a businessman run his business and keep the govt out of it is what the Repubs say. Now they want the govt to stick their nose into a private business an get rid of 90% of his workforce. Oh the hypocrisy!!!
    Gotta link?

    Or does this just make ya feel good?
    Maybe one of you progressives got a graph or chart on this?

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    870

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Gotta link?

    Or does this just make ya feel good?
    Maybe one of you progressives got a graph or chart on this?
    http://www.newschannel10.com/story/5...on-wagon-train
    Try this one. It's a fact sir. Check the meat packers in your state of WI and you will find the same demographics in those plants too. It's not left wing liberal babble my fine man, it is reality. For any of you that have stocks in food producing companies, you're getting dividends on the backs of illegals. They are making money for you. Now who are the hippocrates?

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    870

    Default

    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swift_raidsraids

    Here's another one for you talking about my former employer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •