The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No goes

Default No goes

I'm doing pattern blinds and I'm having a bad problem with no goes I've done ff and stick fetch and force to pile but I'm having trouble with my dog not wanting to go on back and now he won't even go on fetch unless your 20 yards away from pile sometimes he will do great on pattern blinds for the first five bumpers then he just sits there when you say back I've tried back nick back and the only way I can get him to go is just keep moving up closer till he finally goes been this way for 3 weeks and counting any help would be greatly appreciated

OK...You done to much. Your dog has a sour attitude....Do some marks and keep it in balance.

I do marks everyday as well do you still think that could be it though I didn't do all the force work and all in the past the weeks I just been dealing with the pattern blind no goes for 3 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Josephkee View Post
    I do marks everyday as well do you still think that could be it though I didn't do all the force work and all in the past the weeks I just been dealing with the pattern blind no goes for 3 weeks
    Why are you doing three weeks? Does the dog grasp the concept and ready to transition to the next phase of your training? What does your dog say in body language? Just saying...

No more drills for awhile...Get your dog's momentum back up and then continue.
    Last edited by BJGatley; 03-13-2014 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Add more content.

I don't think he is ready. I can't do a pattern blind but maybe to 60 yds and I've tried to slowly move back but I always have to start up close or he won't go like he acts like he wants to go when I say back but it's like he's getting the wrong command I can say back and he will act like he's fixing to take off but he just sits back down

This is likely caused by a hole in your training in the force component. Sounds like your in a hole that would be better served locating someone more experienced in your area and let them see the dog. Hard to tell over the internet how far back in your training is your issue. At the very least the dog is not adequately forced to the pile.

Typical corrections for a no go would be to leave the dog at the sit position, walk forward 5 or so steps toward your blind, continuous burn on here and send dog.

Simple..
    You're in Franklin, GA? Get yer arse over to Grantville and ask for some help before those guys head north.
    dats dat.
    "Darla" AFC Candlewoods Lil Smokin Tequila (2002-2013)(fondly remembered)
    "Smoke" Smokin Auggies Menace, QAA (2003- )(retired nut case, ask Rando)
    "Simba" Humewood Simba (1999-2014)(my 1st dog)

Per favore, non mi rompere i coglioni.
    Grazie

Quote Originally Posted by Josephkee View Post
    I don't think he is ready. I can't do a pattern blind but maybe to 60 yds and I've tried to slowly move back but I always have to start up close or he won't go like he acts like he wants to go when I say back but it's like he's getting the wrong command I can say back and he will act like he's fixing to take off but he just sits back down
    No more drills...You got a confused dog. Go back to making it fun for the dog and then take baby steps and watching your dog's behavior for change. It's not a race...maybe to you but not the dog. This is suppose to fun for and the dog...show it please....

Thanks for the help I will call jerry day tomorrow and see if he can help me out as well

Good for you and I mean that. I hope that things will go well with the team that is developing.