The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mh50

Default Mh50

So now that they are letting you list the number of passes do you think MH50 will become a thing? I don't think MH100 is possible so I was thinking that the MH50 will become the equivalent of 500 pt HRC Club. Does that mean much to anyone. In a few years there are going to be a bunch of MH50 NMH5 QA2 walking around and I wonder if anyone will care.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate_C View Post
    So now that they are letting you list the number of passes do you think MH50 will become a thing? I don't think MH100 is possible so I was thinking that the MH50 will become the equivalent of 500 pt HRC Club. Does that mean much to anyone. In a few years there are going to be a bunch of MH50 NMH5 QA2 walking around and I wonder if anyone will care.
    Those impressed with titles and #'s and the AKC.

C3PO Regards
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

I don't think MH100 is possible so I was thinking that the MH50 will become the equivalent of 500 pt HRC Club.
    I know of at least one dog that was reported to have had more than 100 Master passes and I'm sure there are others. Her name was HRCH Doulab China MH *** "China."
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

Surely there needs to be a limit on the number of "TITLES" we award to a dog in the same pass/fail non competitive venue

I guess if you put your mind to it you could do MH100 but that seems a bit much to me. All that time and money and you are just doing the same thing over and over. I would think that you would want to step up to the next game or something. As I am writing this I realize that there are 1000 point HRC dogs and AKC derby dogs with 80+ starts so I guess that kills my point.

I guess if you put your mind to it you could do MH100 but that seems a bit much to me. All that time and money and you are just doing the same thing over and over. I would think that you would want to step up to the next game or something. As I am writing this I realize that there are 1000 point HRC dogs and AKC derby dogs with 80+ starts so I guess that kills my point.
    The dog that I mentioned was the personal dog of an AKC HT Pro. I guess he kept running her because that was what he was going to be doing every weekend anyway. Consider though that there is a dog that passed the Master National 9 times, 3 that passed it 8 times and 9 that passed it 7 times. I doubt those dogs did that on the minimum possible number of master passes. I get your point though.
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

MH 50 shows a high degree of trainability and that the dog is a consistent performer. I would think those would be desirable traits to those interested in breeding HT dogs. JMHDAO......
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Who would be interested in obtaining multiple titles and accumulating meaningless points?

Lonnie Spann
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

Actually, there are 2 dogs with over 3,000 Hrc points.-Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie Spann View Post
    Who would be interested in obtaining multiple titles and accumulating meaningless points?

Lonnie Spann
    I'm one of those.....

GMHR Younghunter Sarah Anne MH

GMHR HR UH Canterbury's Daisy May MH QAA

GMHR UH HRCH (500 PT) MFR Northstar's Canadian Beauty MH QAA

SHR HRCH Whitecliff's All American Girl SH

We do it because it's fun!-Paul