Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS Brackets.....

South - 1 & 11 seed
    East - 4 & 7 seed
    West - 1 & 2 seed
    MidWest - 2 & 8 seed

2 from SEC, 3 from little 12, 1 ACC, 1 Pac 12, 1 mid major

The least the final four can have is an average 2 seed, the most an average 7 seed

Does anyone think the folks that picked the teams did a good job seeding?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Wow. Wisconsin is going to the final 4

WOW!

Bucky Badger does it 1 more time!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    WOW!

Bucky Badger does it 1 more time!
    congrats to your team.

Great game last night. I had Arizona but never felt comfortable that they would be able to win it. I loved their aggressive play and speed but they just didn't seem get the right shots. And Kaminsky couldn't be stopped. With Kentucky's big center not playing today, it might be Michigan playing Wisconsin in Dallas next weekend. My Wisconsin friend from work said he'd get us tickets to the Final Four if Wisconsin was coming. Says he has connections Still not sure how much fun it will be watching basketball in that big, cavernous football stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Great game last night. I had Arizona but never felt comfortable that they would be able to win it. I loved their aggressive play and speed but they just didn't seem get the right shots. And Kaminsky couldn't be stopped. With Kentucky's big center not playing today, it might be Michigan playing Wisconsin in Dallas next weekend. My Wisconsin friend from work said he'd get us tickets to the Final Four if Wisconsin was coming. Says he has connections Still not sure how much fun it will be watching basketball in that big, cavernous football stadium.
    The way Kaminsky has played in this tournament reminds me a bit of Bill Walton as a college player.
    Great inside footwork, great perimeter shot and blocks a shot or 2.

This is a nice team........they seem to like each other.
    I did pick them in the brackets, but didn't really expect this.

If MI beats KYJC (2 year school) WI will beat MI!!!!!

What a fun tournament this has been to watch!

Hey Marvin, what do you sources have to say about the Badgers????

I thought my brackets were fried, but then I checked last night and even though I cant win it,I find myself with the possibility of having two of the Final Four correct (just need MSU to win today)...watched the replay of the Wisc- Ariz game last night, one heck of a game...still anyone's tournament to win
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    The way Kaminsky has played in this tournament reminds me a bit of Bill Walton as a college player.
    Great inside footwork, great perimeter shot and blocks a shot or 2.

This is a nice team........they seem to like each other.
    I did pick them in the brackets, but didn't really expect this.

If MI beats KYJC (2 year school) WI will beat MI!!!!!

What a fun tournament this has been to watch!

Hey Marvin, what do you sources have to say about the Badgers????
    I'd like to see Kaminsky's footwork in slow motion when he does the multiple moves
    with the pivot foot planted - If he's not traveling it's a thing of sweetness.

Wiltjer from KY is transferring to the Zags? Tall guy who can sink the 3.

I think it would add a level of excitement were Wichita State still competing -

As for the Badgers specifically, they are not a known BB school, but the sum of
    their parts seems to equal what you look for in a team. The Big Ten about 3 decades ago
    realized that BB could be a big revenue sport & as a conference pursued that goal. Over
    that time since there have been teams rise & fall with the constants being IN, OSU, MI & MSU.
    I think it has a lot to do with coaching & the commitment of the various administrations.
    Look at IN with the poorly managed easing out of Bobby Knight -

I call the conference the little 12 in deference to the Big 12 which is really only 9 or so at the
    present. Going into March Madness I thought & my sources also thought the little 12 to be the
    dominate conference this year. With 3 of the Elite 8 & a good shot at 3 of the final Four that
    appears to be a credible theory. The tourney except for the Wichita State-KY game has been
    reasonably well refereed & with all the close games certainly a nail biter .

As for Walton - his game in the NCAA's when he made 21 of 22 FGA & his championship year with the Blazers
    were the highlights of his career. the rest of the time he was a no-show. What not eating red meat
    will do for you. I thought him to be the best all around center that year in Portland. For longevity it's
    that guy from USF with his 11 NBA championship rings.

It should be interesting the rest of the way - FL has to shoot better than 37.5% to win the crown.

& you must be feeling fairly smug right now sitting in 2nd place.

I looked at a few brackets yesterday - Very few thought VCU was going to be a loser in the 1st round .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    I'd like to see Kaminsky's footwork in slow motion when he does the multiple moves
    with the pivot foot planted - If he's not traveling it's a thing of sweetness.

Wiltjer from KY is transferring to the Zags? Tall guy who can sink the 3.

I think it would add a level of excitement were Wichita State still competing -

As for the Badgers specifically, they are not a known BB school, but the sum of
    their parts seems to equal what you look for in a team. The Big Ten about 3 decades ago
    realized that BB could be a big revenue sport & as a conference pursued that goal. Over
    that time since there have been teams rise & fall with the constants being IN, OSU, MI & MSU.
    I think it has a lot to do with coaching & the commitment of the various administrations.
    Look at IN with the poorly managed easing out of Bobby Knight -

I call the conference the little 12 in deference to the Big 12 which is really only 9 or so at the
    present. Going into March Madness I thought & my sources also thought the little 12 to be the
    dominate conference this year. With 3 of the Elite 8 & a good shot at 3 of the final Four that
    appears to be a credible theory. The tourney except for the Wichita State-KY game has been
    reasonably well refereed & with all the close games certainly a nail biter .

As for Walton - his game in the NCAA's when he made 21 of 22 FGA & his championship year with the Blazers
    were the highlights of his career. the rest of the time he was a no-show. What not eating red meat
    will do for you. I thought him to be the best all around center that year in Portland. For longevity it's
    that guy from USF with his 11 NBA championship rings.

It should be interesting the rest of the way - FL has to shoot better than 37.5% to win the crown.

& you must be feeling fairly smug right now sitting in 2nd place.

I looked at a few brackets yesterday - Very few thought VCU was going to be a loser in the 1st round .
    16 consecutive trips to the NCAA by a "non basketball school?"
    I am enjoying this "NON basketball" teams run.

No Marvin, I don't feel "smug" at all, I'll leave that to the pelt masters!

Really sad man.............

UCONN final 4!
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI