The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody feeding Dr. Tim's Momentum??

Default Anybody feeding Dr. Tim's Momentum??

I know of a lot of people feeding pursuit, including me, but was wondering if anybody has tried the momentum??

Our two young dogs on a pro truck were recently switched to it. It has only been a couple of weeks but they seem to be doing better.

I have tried a few bags of it, and I have been feeding it to my skinny Lab that was eating 4+ cups per day of Euk 30/20 and another Lab who ate about 2 cups per day of the Euk. I tried the Momentum in hopes of being able to cut down on the volume of food skinny girl needed, thinking that 4 or 5 cups of kibble is too much volume. So both dogs are eating less of the Momentum like I had hoped and skinny girl's weight is better, but I don't think I will stick with it as both of them have the toots on it. I am feeding them Orijen right now, no toots, but lots more money...still experimenting.
    Last edited by mitty; 03-17-2014 at 03:18 PM. Reason: fixed grammar
    Renee P

Quote Originally Posted by CodyC View Post
    I know of a lot of people feeding pursuit, including me, but was wondering if anybody has tried the momentum??
    Dr. Aul is using momentum with his young dog that is with Attar... I had to alert Andy that the bags were different.
    Susan

FC Tribute to Justice, JH "Honor"
    FC AFC Contempt of Court "Ruckus"
    Medal Of Honor, QAA "Valor"
    HRCH Kirby's High Sierra, SH, QAA "Kirby"
    HRCH Niki Snowbird, SH, QAA "Niki"
    Southland Order In the Court, QAA "Gavel" July 17, 2002- March 24, 2013
    Southland Rusty Nail - derby points, qual placements "Rusty"
    www.justiceretrievers.com

Cool. I am on my second bag of Pursuit and was just wondering what some people were doing. My dog could use a couple of more pounds so if the pursuit doesn't do it I may switch to momentum and see what happens. Kind of hard to say because he is at that lanky awkward 12 month old stage now.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyC View Post
    Cool. I am on my second bag of Pursuit and was just wondering what some people were doing. My dog could use a couple of more pounds so if the pursuit doesn't do it I may switch to momentum and see what happens. Kind of hard to say because he is at that lanky awkward 12 month old stage now.
    Cody, Pursuit and Momentum are adult dog foods. Are you sure they are suitable for such a young dog? I would be nervous feeding my 12 month old dog something other than either a puppy food, or a food that says it is suitable for puppies (such as an all life stages formula).

Edit: My dog is 3 years old now, I just can't remember when the switch happens...just curious.
    Last edited by mitty; 03-17-2014 at 03:47 PM.
    Renee P

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    Cody, Pursuit and Momentum are adult dog foods. Are you sure they are suitable for such a young dog? I would be nervous feeding my 12 month old dog something other than either a puppy food, or a food that says it is suitable for puppies (such as an all life stages formula).

Edit: My dog is 3 years old now, I just can't remember when the switch happens...just curious.
    I don't know about the momentum, but pursuit has a calcium/phosphorus ration that makes it suitable to feed to any age dog.

Quote Originally Posted by mitty View Post
    At 12 months, I would have long switched from puppy food. It depends on the dog, of course. Actually, the nutritional content is more informative than 'puppy' vs 'adult' labels anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles C. View Post
    I don't know about the momentum, but pursuit has a calcium/phosphorus ration that makes it suitable to feed to any age dog.
    Thanks, I just looked on Eukanuba's web site and the nutrition guidelines on the adult foods I checked say they are for dogs over 12 months of age.

I was thinking I did puppy/all life stages food longer than that, guess not.
    Renee P

I just switched my young golden in training to Pursuit. I had emailed Dr. Tim's for recommendations and it was Pursuit. My young dog turns one year old this week.
    Tony C. Zappia
    www.tonyzappia.com
    FTCH Adirondac Tea for Two WC, ** (Tea), 2009 GRCA National Specialty Derby win, Open Win
    (Fireside) Field of Emeralds (Emme)
    Heads Up Winter Storm Warning (Ice)