The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Then there's Biden ...

Default Then there's Biden ...

Ol' Joe really has lost it ... when he can't remember details, it seems he just makes up something that sounds good ...
    While in Poland on Tuesday, Vice President Joe Biden claimed that as chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, he led the fight for Poland's entry into NATOľan event that occurred before his chairmanship.
    "Fifteen years ago, I was honored, as the chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, to lead the fight for Poland's admission into NATO," Biden declared.

Poland joined NATO in 1999. Biden served as chairman from 2001 to 2003.
    In fact, Sen. Jesse Helms (R-NC) led the fight for Poland's NATO admission. The Senate overwhelmingly voted to include Hungary, Poland, and the Czech Republic in NATO.

Biden's embarrassing gaffe stands to overshadow the purported purpose of his Poland trip, which was to provide reassuring optics around the tense situation between Ukraine and Russia.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Your facts are correct in 1999 Joe was only the Ranking Minority member on the Foreign Relations Committee. he did work hard during that time for the expansion of NATO, which included Poland.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

Hey ,Gerry you have to put to rest the discussion among some of us: Are you a paid state or national Republican staffer assigned to this blog? It seems every Republican talking point ends up being one of your threads on POTUS. Do you have dogs and when do you find time to train dogs?
    Last edited by zeus3925; 03-19-2014 at 08:40 AM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Interesting point Zeus since this posting was the lead story this AM on Fox news (National TV)?

Who is Joe Biden?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

HAHA Gerry hits a lot of the points, but he is much better read than a lot of the conservatives out there. The problem is the right wing news agenda which in its search for liberty has found a lot of room for it in the truth.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Hey ,Gerry you have to put to rest the discussion among some of us: Are you a paid state or national Republican staffer assigned to this blog? It seems every Republican talking point ends up being one of your threads on POTUS. Do you have dogs and when do you find time to train dogs?
    No, I am just someone who has worked since I was about 12 years old in any honest job I could get ... I grew up first in NYC till about age 9, but later my family moved to a small town about 1-1/2 hrs north of the city. I've lived in PA since about 1970, and a bit over a year also in No NJ. Lived about a year in south Philadelphia, within walking distance of Center City.

I have Goldens (as you might guess from the Avatar). Haven't been active training/competing for many years now. Try to do my small part for the breed in my little corner of the world. With a wonderful techy friend, I help maintain a website GoldenDNA.org for recording DNA test results for Goldens. I hold no official position in GRCA, but often coordinate information with the GRCA since a lot of people email me for information on the DNA testing stuff.

Honestly, can any of us defend Biden? He shoots from the lip and often "modifies" facts, even plagiarized ... Yes, that can be said of Rand Paul as well but Biden did it first, so can we excuse Paul for that reason?

When I report something incorrect, and someone corrects it, I try to admit to the error and move forward with the discussion. The report on Biden is simply what happened. Nobody else mentioned it. Doesn't make the US look good when the VP doesn't know his history ... much less a part of history where he was actually present!

Do I not like this administration's policies? Yup. I dislike dishonesty. Both parties are guilty of that. Seems like the media is willing to jump right on any kind of dishonesty or corruption of Rs or conservatives, but give a lot of Ds a pass.

Is there really something so wrong with having a position and reporting things that support that position, and doing so while being generally respectful of people who present the opposing view?

Just an FYI, I am a "she" ... not a "he".

For the record, Sarge, you and I do agree on at least one thing "I don't want to feed an ugly dog!" Actually, occasionally I've seen that we agree on some other things as well
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

as ranking minority member of the foreign relations committee in 1999 i think i recall joe biden saying something like, and i paraphrase, "you pollacks don't need to join nato. just get yourselves a double barrel 12 guage shotgun and............"
    john mccallie

Henlee....The Republican Party consists of people diverse in thought and ethnic background. They have a very broad spectrum of political and social convictions. Of course most people logically understand this....but yet the Liberals, Liberal Media, and sometimes even guys like you continue to use terms like 'right wing'..far right...radical right, etc. etc. Consider just referring to us as Republicans or Conservatives.....

As for zeus get over it, Gerry is one of the most well versed and nicest people on the blog....I wish more of us were like that!

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    Interesting point Zeus since this posting was the lead story this AM on Fox news (National TV)?
    Actually I think I got it from Breitbart, but can't remember right now since I forgot to put in the link.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com