The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Then there's Biden ...

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    as ranking minority member of the foreign relations committee in 1999 i think i recall joe biden saying something like, and i paraphrase, "you pollacks don't need to join nato. just get yourselves a double barrel 12 guage shotgun and............"

G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Henlee....The Republican Party consists of people diverse in thought and ethnic background. They have a very broad spectrum of political and social convictions. Of course most people logically understand this....but yet the Liberals, Liberal Media, and sometimes even guys like you continue to use terms like 'right wing'..far right...radical right, etc. etc. Consider just referring to us as Republicans or Conservatives.....
    Do me a favor if you don't mind. Look out your window and tell me what color the sky is.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Grey.......
    That's my boy "Blue"!!!! Flyin High in the Passenger Side x Katie May of Belgrade

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Henlee....The Republican Party consists of people diverse in thought and ethnic background. They have a very broad spectrum of political and social convictions. Of course most people logically understand this....but yet the Liberals, Liberal Media, and sometimes even guys like you continue to use terms like 'right wing'..far right...radical right, etc. etc. Consider just referring to us as Republicans or Conservatives.....

As for zeus get over it, Gerry is one of the most well versed and nicest people on the blog....I wish more of us were like that!
    Just asked Gerry to clear up some speculation there, Swampy. But your knee jerk considers it a slur, which it wasn't.

As for the Republican Party, it is less diverse than it used to be. It has run out the great spokesmen of the likes of Jacob Javits and Nelson Rockefeller. No room for Olympia Snow either. Ev Dirksen would not recognize it nor would Dwight Eisenhower. The party is now in the process of running out those who aren't in line with tea party thinking. The Charlie Crist's have left and guys like Chris Christi are hanging on with pure grit and determination despite attacks and snubs. The party is becoming more and more isolated to the realm of the old Confederacy. It is becoming a party of the white angry dudes that are socially isolated and backward.

As for respect, never saw any from you--Regards.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Just asked Gerry to clear up some speculation there, Swampy. But your knee jerk considers it a slur, which it wasn't.

As for the Republican Party, it is less diverse than it used to be. It has run out the great spokesmen of the likes of Jacob Javits and Nelson Rockefeller. No room for Olympia Snow either. Ev Dirksen would not recognize it nor would Dwight Eisenhower. The party is now in the process of running out those who aren't in line with tea party thinking. The Charlie Crist's have left and guys like Chris Christi are hanging on with pure grit and determination despite attacks and snubs. The party is becoming more and more isolated to the realm of the old Confederacy. It is becoming a party of the white angry dudes that are socially isolated and backward.

I doubt that JFK would be to crazy about the Dems either....
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

The party is becoming more and more isolated to the realm of the old Confederacy. It is becoming a party of the white angry dudes that are socially isolated and backward..
    the code is broken!

eventually all white dudes will wish they had rid themselves of their white guilt and gotten angry earlier! also white chicks (who are always angry about everything anyway) will wish they had voted with those angry dudes!

hispanics vote 80:20 for a reason
    blacks vote 90:10 for a reason
    whites vote 50:50..........who knows what they are reasoning?

backward, isolated, angry and free of guilt here in "the new confederacy"!
    john mccallie

Yes the R's do have a fight going on but likewise with the D's. It just doesn't receive the media coverage.

A major issue is the D's most left wing hacks are in control and the R's most left wing hacks are in control. Now if the D's most right wing would be in control of their party there may be more consistency. We now have a Bi-polar condition in Washington.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...-party/282235/

This is totally of the subject.

In this article you will find a reference to a think tank of the Democratic Party called the "Third Way". I made a post, on another thread regarding the "Third Way" which someone replied, "nice cut and paste ", in so many words. They deleted so fast it wouldnt even allow me to reply, likely after googling the "Third Way" and getting all the Democrat party hits.
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 03-19-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Originally Posted by zeus3925

The party is becoming more and more isolated to the realm of the old Confederacy. It is becoming a party of the white angry dudes that are socially isolated and backward..
    Kind of a broad brush, don'tcha think?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Kind of a broad brush, don'tcha think?
    More like a paint roller or a spray gun
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    the code is broken!

eventually all white dudes will wish they had rid themselves of their white guilt and gotten angry earlier! also white chicks (who are always angry about everything anyway) will wish they had voted with those angry dudes!

hispanics vote 80:20 for a reason
    blacks vote 90:10 for a reason
    whites vote 50:50..........who knows what they are reasoning?

backward, isolated, angry and free of guilt here in "the new confederacy"!
    I don't know how white guilt got in to your response, but I am glad you are guilt free.

But look at the electoral map and that is what you have. Those people vote the way they do because the Republicans can't relate to those constituencies. The political pages report how someone from national party says they are going to out do a better job of outreach to younger voters, women, Hispanics, blacks, etc. The trouble is with is they trip going out the door and take a digger. They don't understand those voters. Hell they won't even take the time to break bread with them. If you don't eat with them then you are never going to be one of them. Then on top of it the Republicans take stands that are the antithesis of the interests of those groups. That is why they continue to vote for Democrats.

The Republican Party has cast itself repeatedly as the party of retrograde, obstruction and cynicism. For instance, they have used Evangelicals and Catholics with their annual promises to overturn Roe v.Wade. Yet they have failed to deliver in the 40 years since.

When they lose elections they obstruct government in every way possible. 50+ attempts to overturn the Affordable Care Act without success. Yet the Republican House has been the least productive in history. The country has some pressing needs to be addressed. Still, the Republican majority wastes its time on 50+ fruitless votes on the ACA.

The intra party struggle within the party is threatening its very existence. The bullheadedness displayed in the halls of Congress and hostile attitude in public is playing itself out within. It is leaving life long moderate Republicans disaffected and the party tribalized. The struggle is having its costs. The party coffers in several states are broke, busted and bankrupt--this from a party that "knows" how to put fiscal houses in order. It appears the extremist elements now have won control of the party and are intent on boiling down its membership to a core of common thought beyond the acceptance of the mainstream voter. Should that happen the Republicans may well be creating a one party rule by the Democratic party. That will serve nobody well.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 03-20-2014 at 12:00 AM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!