The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Democrats Supporting Education?

Default Democrats Supporting Education?

Check out this link.....one of my favorite author's.....good read!

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/373076/left-versus-minorities-thomas-sowell

The guy was thoroughly debunked in the first comment to the article.

Charter schools are central to president Obama's education strategy. In NYC Mayor Del Blasio is going forward with 36 new charter schools next year including 5 new Success Academies, expanding the scholastic say of ms Moskowitz. . Yet the right construes this as a war on charter schools. It isn't, not even close.Ms Moskowitz is an experienced political infighter used to getting her own way and making a lot of noise in the right wing media if she doesn't. As a crony of Mayor Bloomberg she got used to special treatment from the city. Perhaps this special treatment was warranted based on the performance of her students, perhaps it wasn't based on the number of low performing and special needs students expelled from her classrooms and her testing metrics.
    Those classrooms are being paid for by the public and charters need to carry their own weight if they expect to be judged by the same measures. Why profitable corporations with highly paid administrators expect free rent is beyond me. But when that free ride puts the credit rating of the school district at risk the freebies, high salaries paid with taxpayer funds, and special treatment must stop. Ms Moskowitz pays herself a salary that is higher than the President of the United States. Perhaps some of those funds should be freed up to pay for the classrooms her students need. Because you know, it's for the children.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    The guy was thoroughly debunked in the first comment to the article.
    During my time on the SB I met a lot of folks like you - as long as their child was deemed exceptional the
    schools must be doing everything right. A lot of those same kids are now asking "do you want fries with
    that?'

Thomas Sowell has written some really good stuff - if you followed his history & his writings you might be
    just a whole lot smarter on more subjects than you believe you are . But it only works if you go in with
    an open mind, which is probably a fairly tough sell in your case.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Buzzy....before you discount what this 'guy' said, you might take 3 minutes to investigate who he is as he has more ligitimate credibility than Obama and all of his administration. And more importantly you should further investigate, what the facts really are!

I found it of interest that you failed to note where you got your information from.....

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Buzzy....before you discount what this 'guy' said, you might take 3 minutes to investigate who he is as he has more ligitimate credibility than Obama and all of his administration.

You mean the guy who said:

Perhaps people who are busy gushing over the Obama cult today might do well to stop and think about what it would mean for their granddaughters to live under sharia law.
    Figures you'd "gush" over his "credibility."
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Buzzy...

As I thought...you know nothing of Thomas Sowell....he is one of the smartest black men in this country....most thinking Americans understand this...which of course excludes you...

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Buzzy...

As I thought...you know nothing of Thomas Sowell....he is one of the smartest black men in this country....most thinking Americans understand this...which of course excludes you...
    Hmmmmm.........should I shoot the cripple, or let it splash around for a while!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Hmmmmm.........should I shoot the cripple, or let it splash around for a while!!
    Never good to let them suffer. Best to end it quickly.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

I like to watch 'em flap around.

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ...​ at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

I thought he truly accomplished something by inserting both of his feet in his mouth.