The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: HRCH/ SH Lean Mac girl to Grady?

Default HRCH/ SH Lean Mac girl to Grady?

My Lean Mac girl has her HRCH and Senior Hunter. She is an incredible marker and runs incredible blinds but will cheat in a second. Probably won't do MH with her but was thinking of putting her with Grady when she is in season. Her dam was a national finalist 2 years ago.
    How will these 2 mix?
    MP
    The pain of regret is much worse than the pain of hard work.

Why not work the cheat out of her, and put on the MH?
    "Somehow this creature has completed my manhood; somehow, I cannot explain why, a man ought to have a dog. A man ought to have six legs; those other four legs are part of him." -G.K. Chesterton

http://www.facebook.com/pennyretrievers

way to many variables left unsaid.... clearances? pedigree? Strong and weak points in structure? That being said I have a Grady son who I adore and am getting a female out of the repeat breeding. BUT that being said, there are ALOT of Grady pups out there and I wonder about the market for sales and for the funnel of the popular sire syndrome....
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

Did it slow down sales for Lean Mac litters in the day I also have a Grady female money wouldn't buy her bred her to Mickey pups are 5 months looking for good things Carbon Code Blue line breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by windwalkers swan song View Post
    Did it slow down sales for Lean Mac litters in the day I also have a Grady female money wouldn't buy her bred her to Mickey pups are 5 months looking for good things Carbon Code Blue line breeding.
    I have no idea about when LM was still making babies, but I DO know that people have more information now because of the internet. I am with you ,I would not sell my boy for any amt.....and look to breed him to my yellow bitch (FC X CH/MH) that has Code Blue also....
    BB
    Sight To Sea Labradors
    Southern Cross at Sight to Sea SH "Crosby" (by NAFC FC AFC Cody Cut a Lean Grade)
    Tealwood's Willing at Sight to Sea JH ( by CH I am Able)
    Briarglen's Running on Faith JH (by FC Fish River's Out of the Park)
    Glendair's Come Home to the Sea ( By Ch Topform's Edward MH, QAA)
    Sight To Sea's Take Aim SH (by Sight to Sea's Southern Comfort SH )Aug 23 2003-Feb 2013 Go get em , Man!

Manager of www.DeCoverlykennels.com

Hmm What's her EIC-CNM status, if she's clear-clear I might look into one of the really nice carrier studs out there who don't get used near as much as Gradey.There's no denighing Gradey is a very nice dog who throws nice pups, and seems to do well with many different match-ups. I just worry next 10 yrs. we won't be able to find many pups without him in there, and we'll be seeing an effect when those little recessive genes start to line up. Which has already happened with other popular sires. Given a choice on breeding I choose to branch out to different gene sources. Still if you have a carrier female; you might be a tad limited in selections, and a popular sire might be the match you need for your girl. I'm in that boat; I just hope choices for clear males up-regulate in the next few years, otherwise I too might be taking a good look at that line.
    Last edited by Hunt'EmUp; 03-26-2014 at 01:10 PM.
    "They's Just DAWGS"
    "Hunting is a skill to be learned whether you do it early or late it still needs to be learned"
    "I train dogs, Not papers"

GMRH-I HRCH Quick MH (most importantly Duck/Upland Enthusiast) Rip. July-2014
    MHR HRCH Lakota MH (most importantly Upland/Duck Enthusiast)
    HR Storm.. the Pup (Beginning Upland & Waterfowl Enthusiast)

My personal opinion after seeing pups out of both is that it would be a good match.

She has been decheated. She won't cheat in training with or without a collar. She is so intelligent that she knows she can get away with it at a test. Don't know how they know this, but some just do.
    At the last MH, 2 of the 3 marks were dry but across a pond. We ran from near one end. She went around the end for a go bird which was a cheat but would not have got her dropped. The memory bird was angled across on a point. When I lined her up for it she looked directly at the right spot and on the send was going to go around the end again. Head was up, ,looking right at the bird and I am sure if I let her go she would have gone right to it. Picked her up. No sense re enforcing it at a test. Not worth $80-$90 to find out if she is going to be honest or not.
    When she is running a blind, she takes literal casts better than any I have ever had. Even on water, but if we are more than 10 yards back from the water, she is inclined to try to cheat AT TESTS ONLY.
    I will probably keep a couple when she comes in season, hoping to get the best of her and not the worst.
    MP
    The pain of regret is much worse than the pain of hard work.

I have a dog that got test wise on me. Her problem was line manners - perfect angel in training, absolute freak at a test. We took a 2 year break from tests, and are working on MH again. I was at my wit's end with this dog and just couldn't figure out how to make her manners improve. The two year break was tough, though.

Hey, your signature says it all: The pain of regret REALLY is much worse than the pain of hard work.
    "Somehow this creature has completed my manhood; somehow, I cannot explain why, a man ought to have a dog. A man ought to have six legs; those other four legs are part of him." -G.K. Chesterton

http://www.facebook.com/pennyretrievers