The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP 4XGMPR HRCH Hunters Marsh Jack Daniels Bubba Jazz MH Call name: JD

Default RIP 4XGMPR HRCH Hunters Marsh Jack Daniels Bubba Jazz MH Call name: JD

I had to put my best bud to sleep last night. His health just got too bad and I wasn’t going to make him suffer. I was wrong about having another month or two. I took him training on Sunday and did short retrieves and then I was just hand throwing marks. Towards the end he was breaking and I didn’t care. Matter of fact I just encouraged it because he was having so much fun. I had to end the session before he wanted to because I knew if I let him go too long he’d have problems later in the night. I just didn’t know it’d be our last time of training together.

As I was leaving work yesterday my wife called and said that when I got home we’d have to take him to the emergency room because he wasn’t doing well. I drove 95 mph at times and probably cut people off on the way home. I got there and he wouldn’t eat or fetch. His favorite things in the world. I took him to our vet knowing the answer, but I needed verification. I got that verification. I held him and petted him while they injected him to end his suffering. Yeah I cried.

He was a great dog. He had his APLA 4xGrand Master Pointing Retriever title, UKC Hunting Retriever Champion title, and AKC Master Hunter Title (which he and I went 6 for 6). His greatest title was “MY Dog and Friend”. Having and training him made me a better person and a better Dad to my 5 year old son. He gave me more than I gave him.

I miss ya boy. I miss my shadow around the house and I miss being met at the door when I get home. Go take care of my Dad and I’ll see ya when I see ya.

God speed JD
    Joe Dickerson

R.I.P. 4xGMPR HRCH Hunters Marsh Jack Daniels Bubba Jazz MH
    Call Name: JD

Joe thanks for sharing sorry for your loss.
    Bob S

-------------------------------------------------------------
    "I started with nothing and I've still got most of it"

I am so, so sorry. Wishing peace to you and your family and I hope in time you can enjoy the memories together.
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

So sorry to hear that your time was so short but glad that you two had your perfect Sunday. He knew that you loved him and you gave him the ultimate gift of ending his sickness.
    Andy

"You can't win until you are not afraid to lose."

Luckydux Cheese And Quackers CD MH - Briezy (7/20/99-4/4/14)
    FTCH AFTCH Luckydux Drakehaven Hot Ticket*** - Ticket
    Luckydux Gave Her Momma Forty Quacks*** - Lizzie
    Luckydux Quacker Jaxx WC JH - Jaxxy
    Luckydux Graham Quacker WC JH -Graham
    Luckydux Penny In A Parking Lot - Penny

RIP JD. Saw some training videos from the last litter he sired. Looks like they were excellent pups and some others will get to enjoy a little piece of JD as well.

So sorry for your loss. Gone too soon.

Joe:

You're in good company here - I cried at the loss of my first (and best) dog harder than I did over my grandfather passing. I've got a lump in my throat from just reading your post. Let the tears flow, my friend.

I also lost a dog to kidney failure at 9 y/o . I was shocked how quickly he went from first noticing anything was wrong until the end a few days later despite having a blood transfusion. I had no idea how common kidney failure was before that.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's any avoiding the grief and pain you're feeling at the moment. Having been there a few times before, I hope your pain is overtaken soon and replaced by good memories. The best advice I rec'd when I was in your shoes was to drag out my photo books and begin re-living the good times until they overtake the grief (bourbon helped too).

Even though it may not seem like it now, I assure you there will be a tomorrow and that broken hearts heal with time.

Very sorry for your loss,

Tom

JD knows you did right by him every single day. Even at the very end.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA MHU SH MXP MJP XFP T2BP DJ VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

I am so very sorry for your loss. That was so quick...I am terribly sorry.
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    Embers Aint Misbehavin - Flirt (Corona's mini me)

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!

Very sorry for your loss.