The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question of the day

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Franco did answer the question. It is you that {once again} added no insight into the issue
    I know... I'm trying real hard to be more like you Healy...
    Bill Davis

Why do people not only get a dependent deduction for kids but also get a refundable tax CREDIT? Should they not pay more since they are the ones using the Dept of Ed?
    Why should on any level those without dependents, single or DINKS pay more than those with one or more child?
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    I know... I'm trying real hard to be more like you Healy...
    Atta boy Billie, set your goals high and shoot for the stars

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs23139 View Post
    Not that simple. A married couple both making 25K pay using the standard deduction the same in federal income taxes as 1 person earning 50K. When you increase the income if both make about the same a point occurs when married are better off living together. Deductions phase out for married (assume 2 equal incomes) at a lower rate for married than double the single amounts.
    Just listen to all the dumocrat stuff. they propose stuff for a single at say a $150k cut off but married $250K. Thus married would be beter off NOT being married..
    The real question I have is why there are different rates. Why does marital status have anything to do with income tax? Same thing with having children. Why should it make a difference?
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ View Post
    Totally agree. A flat tax might work. Sales tax is the same for everyone regardless of income so why not a flat tax on income and eliminate the complexity? Single guy makes $100 pays x% Married guy makes $100 pays x%, wife of married guy stays home to raise kids makes $0 pays 0. etc etc
    My only issue with what you posted is that sales tax is not the same for everyone regardless of income. I can assure you that Shad Khan (owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars) pays more in sales tax than I do.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McKenzie View Post
    My only issue with what you posted is that sales tax is not the same for everyone regardless of income. I can assure you that Shad Khan (owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars) pays more in sales tax than I do.
    I should have been more specific and said same sales tax rate when buying something in the same place. Yes the more you buy the more you pay.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

My parents for years filed separately because they paid less tax that way.

Terri

The real question I have is why there are different rates. Why does marital status have anything to do with income tax? Same thing with having children. Why should it make a difference?
    Another example of leveling the playing field by making everyone equally miserable. It is an attempt to steer behavior, no different than the rest of the tax code. The government in all their wisdom trying to pick winners and losers.

This is not an informed opinion . I would venture that it has something to do with a working couple
    paying multiple FICA's. Write your congress critter & find out for sure.

What a lot of people don't realize is that SS is also an insurance plan - not overly generous but something
    for a widow & kids until the kids are 18.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    This is not an informed opinion .

What a lot of people don't realize is that SS is also an insurance plan - not overly generous but something
    for a widow & kids until the kids are 18.
    Really Marvin? Won't you please inform us lesser beings what the "I" in FICA stands for?