The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Poor Ole Jimmy Carter

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Shine...you kinda missed talking about the Democrats in the Senate believing the same intelligence and giving the Bush's a free hand! You say the President went to war over a "personal vendetta". ??? I think you try to destroy the historical facts about the Bush's because, as a screaming liberal, you have a "personal vendetta" against them. History will judge them properly, and it will not be in a bad way.

Not true for our current President!
    Destroying our economy and burying 5000 troops for his own agenda, shamed my his entire party, the only way GW will be judged in a good light is if we rewrite history.

mn...you seem to be 'stuttering'....

Bottom line, as always the Dem's continually try and 'rewrite' history...but in the long run, the people know the truth....

Guess you too missed including your Dem's in the Senate that give both Bush's a free hand to do what they needed to do!

I know the facts, details and truth always get in the way of the Dem's

mn...you seem to be 'stuttering'....

Bottom line, as always the Dem's continually try and 'rewrite' history...but in the long run, the people know the truth....

Guess you too missed including your Dem's in the Senate that give both Bush's a free hand to do what they needed to do!

I know the facts, details and truth always get in the way of the Dem's
    Lets start with you calling everyone who disagrees with you a Dem or Lib... I am a strong believer in limited government, the Second Amendment, right to life, the death penalty, and liberty, I believe marriage is between a man and women, I am a fiscal conservative, I believe in the free market system, I am against welfare (both corporate and individual), socialized healthcare and government intrusion like the Patriot act. Based on you views on the forum you are to the far left of me which is fine, but don't try to pretend that defending the Republican party as a whole is being a conservative, it simply makes you a Republican. Your the typical sheep, good luck with that.

mngundog...

mn....sorry if I never saw your 'Conservative Roots' showing...I will be more pointed going forward without generalizing about your politics. But I disagree with your comments and your understanding of Bush's agenda on the war. As I said before, history will judge him and his father correctly. He acted on bad intelligence as did Congress, and all of our allies - - they all own it! Not just the President. Let's just say our understanding of that history, is totally different.

FYI....I hate the fact that we fought the Korean War, Vietnam War, Iraq I, Iraq II, and now Afghanistan. All are nothing more than a waste of many great American lives. Our leaders, including Congress took us into these wars and all must own the results, not one president or one Senator but the whole bunch of them. Either through their direct actions, indirect actions, or lack of actions, they all took us to war.

I do not believe that we should fight a war unless 1. the Senate declares war, 2. we are threatened as a nation, and 3. we are committed to use all of our resources and weapons to limited loss of American lives while fighting this war. Should be no such thing as a limited war, you fight to win, or you do not fight! I know if one of my son's are fighting a war, I expect our leaders to protect them with every resource we have. Anything less is madness!
    Last edited by swampcollielover; 04-04-2014 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by menmon View Post
    It would not matter if Jesus was the POTUS and a democrat....he would be the worst president. Please grow up and get a clue.

Carter inherited Nixon's mess....inflation being the primary problem and when we deflated at the had of the Fed it hurt, so people remember that and blame him.

Obama inherited Bush's mess and everyone wants to blame him for it. Things have recovered nicely from the doom he recieved and you think he will go down as the worst president.

LA still thinks that black folks are infererer to white folks so Obama does not help them even though he made BP pay through the nose for their oil spill, but he is a bad guy...
    Didn't Reagan inherit Carter's mess?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Didn't Reagan inherit Carter's mess?
    Sure did. Reagan was a good president, as was Clinton.

Nice try mm, I am at least as old as you are, or maybe I just recall facts better....maybe you were to young to recall, but Nixon was the guy who got us out of the War that Kennedy got us in to and LBJ escalated the war right up until he left office. These expenditures left for Nixon coupled with the 'Welfare State' that LBJ and his Democratic Congress created a spending deficit that Nixon had to deal with. As always, the Democrats destroy our economy and we have to elect a Republican to come in and clean up the mess....

We can debate how well Nixon did at cleaning it up, including getting off of the gold standard, but you cannot say he "caused" the mess that drove that recession....

Same thing is going to happen when Obama steps down......I am just concerned that the hole he is digging is so deep that no one can get us out of it....

You have a distorted view of history, which I expect from a liberal...do you only have an undergraduate degree....? What about Economics....did you only take micro and macro? Your approach to economics is a bit sophomoric....
    I don't have much education...just a Master of Business from The University of Chicago. It's bearly in the rankings depending if you look from the top or the bottom....might check "Business Weeks Top Business Schools" and see how well educated I am especially on this subject. One of my professors won a Nobel Prize for his work on "Rational Expectations Theory" that is the subject we are discussing just so you know. And if you can read and understand it, I can defend it with the proof. His name is Becker by the way. Why don't you study up and then we can discuss this at a future date if you like. I assure you will not get your hands around this like you do the spin of day.

I don't have much education...just a Master of Business from The University of Chicago. It's bearly in the rankings depending if you look from the top or the bottom....might check "Business Weeks Top Business Schools" and see how well educated I am especially on this subject. One of my professors won a Nobel Prize for his work on "Rational Expectations Theory" that is the subject we are discussing just so you know. And if you can read and understand it, I can defend it with the proof. His name is Becker by the way. Why don't you study up and then we can discuss this at a future date if you like. I assure you will not get your hands around this like you do the spin of day.

goin', goin', gone!!!! mike you hit that one out of the park.

swampy, they do some pretty fair educatin' up at that chicago. when an ol' state schooler like me needed some numbers tortured to support a shenanagin i was planning, i always liked chicago mba's first and wharton mba's second. they didn't need to be out of the top of the class either! i never figured out where that wharton was located though?
    john mccallie

I don't have much education...

Aw, come on Mike! We know there isn't anyone who measures up with old Swamp.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Didn't Obama "win" one of those Noble thingies? Kinda takes the luster off of the award.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth