The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Poor Ole Jimmy Carter

mr. marvin, i never said jimmy carter acted on a strategic financial plan. often good things happen by accident!
    john mccallie

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    Marvin S.. Your English expression is garbled so I will withhold a personal attack on you . When you train-run one's Chocolate dogs in FT and experience sometimes humorous or intended open barbs about your choices you either develop a thick skin or walk away. I am an owner-handler and re: AHIII stud fees , well most of us know the game that it represents. You make your choice you pay your money. Did you ever start and run a successful business ? I did during the Carter years . I got no government handouts , not bitter , but realistic. Thus application of education was the real teacher.
    As JD says, I write like an engineer, which I am.

I ran a competitive dog during AH's career, not all of AH's awards were earned! Were I looking for a chocolate
    dog I would try to find some Rippin Blue Thunder up close in the pedigree, though he was sparsely bred.

Yes, I signed the front of a check! When we sold that business we made the commitment that the principal
    would never be spent on things with no possibility of return, which I then invested. The business is still going
    quite successfully. It has managed to survive a partnership breakup & a divorce since we sold so has some legs.
    I can pass on a little insight on investing also.We got nor do we get any thing from government that we are not owed.

I am a Korean vet, enlisted so I had a choice of branches of service, but taken away from a full ride scholarship.
    In the end I got $110/month for 36 months to advance my education, I choose engineering, a wise choice. The
    disciplined method of problem solving taught during those years has guided my approach to issues.

You might want to withhold your personal shots, I am not defenseless in that regard. The only purpose it would
    serve is to rile up the janitor, & that's not a really good thing .

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    mr. marvin, i never said jimmy carter acted on a strategic financial plan. often good things happen by accident!
    John - Little happened during the Carter presidency by design . We're just one person away
    from going there again in spades. I would not want to be the person who makes the decision
    that the debt needs to be manageable & place a plan in place to make it happen. They will be
    vilified by all the second guessers, big time.

There is a real shortage of leadership in this country & I don't see it getting better, why is that?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Marvin I respect engineers and almost became one. Besides you and me who knows how to still use a slide rule? I too believe in fairness , whether AH or anybody's dog. I am aware of your strong views on that. Unfortunately this sport is also about people and what they bring to it. They bring themselves. Lastly , I am pleased you understand small business problems because government certainly did not help me either. It was 80-100 hours a week doing hard-time. Let us agree to keep it issue orientated . I am another Stan. I also have a wry sense of humor . or so I have been told.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post

There is a real shortage of leadership in this country & I don't see it getting better, why is that?
    I blame it on the Electorate. Thus, the People get the leadership they voted for and deserve.
    "Well, when I went off to college, the guys I used to hang with were pumping gas and voting Democrat. Today they're still pumping gas and voting Democrat. Guess the Democrats didn't do much for them." Charles Barkley

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I blame it on the Electorate. Thus, the People get the leadership they voted for and deserve.
    Yes, and then the government which they electrd turns right around and says the only thing that they are smart enough to do is vote. Then the day after the election you're too dumb to pick your lightbulb, size of your toilet, get a ID to vote but need one to buy alcohol, etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Storts View Post
    Yes, and then the government which they electrd turns right around and says the only thing that they are smart enough to do is vote. Then the day after the election you're too dumb to pick your lightbulb, size of your toilet, get a ID to vote but need one to buy alcohol, etc. etc.
    You can blame good ol Pres Dick Nixon(R) for the EPA.

Nothing will change until the Electorate begins to support candidates that stand for genuine reform! Until then, expect more of the same.
    "Well, when I went off to college, the guys I used to hang with were pumping gas and voting Democrat. Today they're still pumping gas and voting Democrat. Guess the Democrats didn't do much for them." Charles Barkley

You can blame good ol Pres Dick Nixon(R) for the EPA.

Nothing will change until the Electorate begins to support candidates that stand for genuine reform! Until then, expect more of the same.
    Always good to find someone to blame....irrespective of what Congress did or did not do!

Quote Originally Posted by Cjc56 View Post
    Always good to find someone to blame....irrespective of what Congress did or did not do!
    We can agree on Congresses' pitiful performance!

The first step getting The People's government back, is by putting an end to the IRS. The Special Interest Government's instrument of terror.

We can agree on Congresses' pitiful performance!

The first step getting The People's government back, is by putting an end to the IRS. The Special Interest Government's instrument of terror.
    I agree with you on that!