The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS Vacation time

Default POTUS Vacation time

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Flights-Alone

This is not just for Obama, but any POTUS, I think there should be some kind of "budget" for how much taxpayers should pay for vacation expenses. They may pay for their own rooms, and for their first class tickets, but that is a drop in the bucket v. the total costs.

There should be a budget, and when it's used up, they go to Camp David for a break. POTUS and FLOTUS both have enough personal assistants to keep track of getting the budget to last over the course of each year or term.

$16 million just for Flight times to Honolulu & Africa in one year. Can you even begin to imagine what the total cost was? But there's still no $ for WH tours because the Secret Service is spending too much?

And when it comes to attending fundraisers, there should be some adjustment to the costs to be paid by the individual political parties. It is not a fair arrangement in election years especially. Again, both parties should have to play by the same rules.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Extravagant Travel Outlays = 16 Million

Federal Budget in 2013 = 3.67 Trillion

Population of US = 311 Million

.000436% of the federal budget. Or about a nickle a person.

Most people wouldn't bend over to pick up a nickle off the ground. I know 16 Million is a lot to me. Even if the outlays were an order of magnitude more, you are just moving the decimal point over by one. But in the grand scheme of things, is this something that really is going to make a difference in getting our federal spending under control?

John Schmidt

The president is required to have security with him by law. I don't see how it is fair to limit his travels with the restrictions that congress has put on him. The government is capable of paying its expenses for its employees and actual cost of the president and his family is fairly nominal if not included in the benefits of the office.
    Ole and Sven are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Sven says, 'I think I'm gonna divorce my wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months.' Ole sips his beer and says, 'Better think it over...women like that are hard to find.'

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...-Flights-Alone

This is not just for Obama, but any POTUS, I think there should be some kind of "budget" for how much taxpayers should pay for vacation expenses. They may pay for their own rooms, and for their first class tickets, but that is a drop in the bucket v. the total costs.

There should be a budget, and when it's used up, they go to Camp David for a break. POTUS and FLOTUS both have enough personal assistants to keep track of getting the budget to last over the course of each year or term.

$16 million just for Flight times to Honolulu & Africa in one year. Can you even begin to imagine what the total cost was? But there's still no $ for WH tours because the Secret Service is spending too much?

And when it comes to attending fundraisers, there should be some adjustment to the costs to be paid by the individual political parties. It is not a fair arrangement in election years especially. Again, both parties should have to play by the same rules.
    Your post seems to be a far cry from the one you posted less than a year ago. The post in which you defended the Bush's seven vacations to Africa. I seem to remember only praise and nothing about cost. "Playing by the same rules" doesn't seem to be the general theme here.

The hypocrisy of the right wing media is astounding, but I do give them credit for staying on message on this talking point from the start of the Obama Presidency.

http://www.ntu.org/governmentbytes/7...vacations.html

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...bush-or-obama/

Gerry is it OK for Presidents and their families to take a few vacations over the course of their terms? If so, it is going to cost some money given the security issues, right? Do you think they should fly commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    The hypocrisy of the right wing media is astounding, but I do give them credit for staying on message on this talking point from the start of the Obama Presidency.

http://www.ntu.org/governmentbytes/7...vacations.html

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...bush-or-obama/

Gerry is it OK for Presidents and their families to take a few vacations over the course of their terms? If so, it is going to cost some money given the security issues, right? Do you think they should fly commercial?
    Malaysia Air will do nicely.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Malaysia Air will do nicely.
    I don't care who you are...,...THATS FUNNY!!

Sick & Tasteless; but funny

Perhaps you should add this to your signature line

I believe that they took on a job for a four year term that should have zero vacation. They vacation is after there term is over
    Chris~

Seeing they make a good living, vacation expenses should be out of their own pocket. You can't really charge them for their security detail because that would not seem fair.

We all make desicions on where to take vacations based on our economic status. we don't have the Government paying for ours. It is just terribly wrong how the Obama family is using their position to take so many taxpayer trips.

It is what it is... says a lot about the Obama's.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith