The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: POTUS Vacation time

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Little View Post
    Gander again skippy, three man limit of mallards mottles and specks, I'm grinning because before the pic was taken I took a whip (marsh grass) directly in my cornea. SH, I bet I have killed more, F'ed more & pissed away more than you can even count. I'll put ya up in September and see how tuff ya are playing with our lizards hand ta hand.
    The picture is small and all I could see were the 2 mallards and one speck. What's your group's best year total kill count? My group killed 841 ducks and 367 canada geese in one season. No thanks on the gators. I have a real problem hunting something that can kill me back, that goes for bears too.

Ray, with all due respect come up here and try to shoot some Divers on big water rather than shooting mallards in flooded timber while they descend/flutter down into your dekes. Those are some pretty easy targets. LOL

Don't shoot trash down here, mottles are an off shoot of mallards that don't migrate and specks are our term for white fronts. We get them after everyone else has beat them up. Very surprised they allow us to leave the state we are so deadly.
    Last edited by Wade; 03-28-2014 at 07:25 AM.
    I hate rude behavior in a man, won't tolerate it. Captain Woodrow Call

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    Ray, with all due respect come up here and try to shoot some Divers on big water rather than shooting mallards in flooded timber while they descend/flutter down into your dekes like a paratrooper (god bless paratroopers NO disrespect meant). Those are some pretty easy targets. LOL
    Especially last year, when there were very few around!!

You are correct there Stan. A very tough year for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Especially last year, when there were very few around!!

Ray, with all due respect come up here and try to shoot some Divers on big water rather than shooting mallards in flooded timber while they descend/flutter down into your dekes. Those are some pretty easy targets. LOL
    We hunt marsh down here Wade, miles and miles of prairie grass that is flooded. It's some of the toughest hunting know to man and dog, will age a dog like nothing I have ever seen. We get the birds that have been shot up and heard everything for months but still manage to winter and kill more ducks that any state in any flyway in America.
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Now Ray, you know I was funnin ya. With that said, I would like to try that some time!!

Don't get me wrong, for me nothing beats standing in a blind in the dark or snow coming down so hard you can't see, listening to the whistle of divers zip over you and having the sun slowly come up bringing your decoys from dark spots, to shadows to completely visible. However, a good shoot down your way I think is something most Northerners would certainly like to experience.

We hunt marsh down here Wade, miles and miles of prairie grass that is flooded. It's some of the toughest hunting know to man and dog, will age a dog like nothing I have ever seen. We get the birds that have been shot up and heard everything for months but still manage to winter and kill more ducks that any state in any flyway in America.

Not true
    look at this one
    http://www.flyways.us/regulations-an...harvest-trends
    then look at this one.

Arkansas kills more "real ducks" than Louisiana. comparing apples to apples, Arkansas kills more mallards than Louisiana. So you claim would be incorrect. Heck Illinois kills more mallards than Louisiana.

Remember, it's "Mr. Skippy" to you. It appears your state is not the killers you claim to be. Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    Not true
    look at this one
    then look at this one.

Arkansas kills more "real ducks" than Louisiana. comparing apples to apples, Arkansas kills more mallards than Louisiana. So you claim would be incorrect. Heck Illinois kills more mallards than Louisiana.

no rebuttal there Scooter?

...... However, a good shoot down your way I think is something most Northerners would certainly like to experience.
    I think like this often, late season here, while banging ice off decoys.
    BUT....
    yes they are still hunting when our water is hard
    but you won't find a snake or gator in our yard
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin