The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Historic Victory For The 2nd Amendment!

Default Historic Victory For The 2nd Amendment!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/25/us...-law.html?_r=0

Georgia has it correct and Gun Rights advocates in the future will be able to point to lower gun violence in a major metro like Atlanta and compare it to Chicago with its stricter gun laws.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Guns in bars and schools? Church? Seriously?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Anywhere law abiding citizens can legally carry, crime rates will drop over time. Seriously
    Bill Davis

Last edited by Franco; 03-27-2014 at 10:04 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    While it may scare some believers that the world is a safe place, if law abiding citizens can stop a massacre it is a good thing.

Those who go through the process of obtaining a LTC are not a problem in this country. It is those who would take our freedom from us who are. Be it an elected official, a police dept, those who tread on taking our Second Amendment rights from us are now facing a backlash politically.

Sane people understand that the police can't come running to save us in every instance, if you can save your life and the lives of others arming teachers and your pastors , a bartender, is a good thing.

Big Government is not the answer, individuals are what makes this country great.
    Last edited by .44 magnum; 03-27-2014 at 10:10 AM.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

You guys don't get it. There a folks that I won't hunt with because I don't like the way they handle a gun. Somehow I'm supposed to feel good about them walking into my daughter's school with one, or sitting in church with them or on a bar stool next to them while they are packing.

Because somehow the world will be a safer place with more dumb arses carrying guns everywhere the go.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Whats wrong with that?
    No sicko hell bent on mayhem is gonna be stopped by a rule saying "No guns allowed" So why in the world shouldn't I be allowed to return fire; EVERYWHERE?

You guys don't get it. There a folks that I won't hunt with because I don't like the way they handle a gun. Somehow I'm supposed to feel good about them walking into my daughter's school with one, or sitting in church with them or on a bar stool next to them while they are packing.

Because somehow the world will be a safer place with more dumb arses carrying guns everywhere the go.
    Point taken when it comes to hunting. I agree there are some people who have guns that should not. But I take it you are also a responsible person who treats firearms with respect. You are the person who could stop a massacre.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

I know that when I obtained my Concealed Carry Permit, that I had to not only pass an extensive background check, the testing(questions) weren't easy. Then, we also had to pass the pistol handling segment required in the course which also required that we could hit a target accurately at 20 paces.

The 20 paces part of the test may come in handy one day if I have to duel under the Dueling Oaks

Buzz, it seems that you are the one who "doesn't get it".
    Bill Davis