The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Historic Victory For The 2nd Amendment!

  1. #11
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Guns in bars and schools? Church? Seriously?
    when i was a kid and my dad would go to preach week long revivals in places like grundy county, tennessee or north sand mountain, alabama, mom always carried a .38 in her purse every night. she never had a problem and i always behaved!
    john mccallie

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    mom always carried a .38 in her purse every night. she never had a problem and i always behaved!
    Sounds like Mrs Roseberry should start packing heat

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Linden, VA
    Posts
    1,230

    Default

    Putting self defense firearms aside, I think there are those folks, and some of em are right here on RTF, that would also like to take our firearms we use for hunting. Not sure what they would advocate we use at a HT, FT, or HRC test though. Perhaps a sling shot for the live flyer and someone yelling bang? There is a great deal of hypocrisy amongst us with the supposed supporters of second amendment rights.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    You guys don't get it. There a folks that I won't hunt with because I don't like the way they handle a gun. Somehow I'm supposed to feel good about them walking into my daughter's school with one, or sitting in church with them or on a bar stool next to them while they are packing.

    Because somehow the world will be a safer place with more dumb arses carrying guns everywhere the go.
    Buzz,
    I agree wih you 99% of the time. This time you miss the mark. I would feel much safer with people prepared to stop these school shootings by carrying a weapon. Not gonna stop a gunman by throwing chalkboard erasers at them.

  5. #15
    Senior Member roseberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    North Alabama
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.-jefferson

    the 2nd certainly is about personal protection........but i seem to have done ok at churches, schools and bars unarmed.(not necessarily in that order)
    john mccallie

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    531

    Default

    Sorry Buzz, on this one its like letting a 75 IQ person drive a car w/a "visual device" eating a Big Mac. I like the possibility of not myself , than others doing the nasty when a deranged one corks off.

  7. #17
    Senior Member GaryJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I know that when I obtained my Concealed Carry Permit, that I had to not only pass an extensive background check, the testing(questions) weren't easy. Then, we also had to pass the pistol handling segment required in the course which also required that we could hit a target accurately at 20 paces.

    The 20 paces part of the test may come in handy one day if I have to duel under the Dueling Oaks
    I had to take a class, a written test, and a shooting test. But as I understand it the state of Ga has no such requirement to carry concealed. I know there is no class to take which then means there will be people who don't know one end of a gun from another having one. There is a background check performed.

    In my view if you carry then you better be prepared to use it. Because if you don't use it, chances are it will be used against you. I do carry and I am prepared to use it but I sure hope that I never have to.
    Hebrews 11:3 By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible.

    What if all we have today is what we gave thanks for yesterday?

  8. #18
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GaryJ View Post
    I had to take a class, a written test, and a shooting test. But as I understand it the state of Ga has no such requirement to carry concealed. I know there is no class to take which then means there will be people who don't know one end of a gun from another having one. There is a background check performed.

    In my view if you carry then you better be prepared to use it. Because if you don't use it, chances are it will be used against you. I do carry and I am prepared to use it but I sure hope that I never have to.
    It is the same in South Dakota. You go down to the Sheriff's Office and fill out a background check. They do the background check & then if the Sheriff will sign off on it, you get your concealed carry permit in the mail. That's why there are several states that don't have reciprocals with our state, the reason that when I get the opportunity I will go take the class in Minnesota and get my permit there. I feel that a gun in the hands of someone who doesn't know how to use it or doesn't respect it is very dangerous. It's probably more dangerous to the honest folks than it is to the criminals.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  9. #19
    Senior Member Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Brookings, South Dakota
    Posts
    6,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    Sorry Buzz, on this one its like letting a 75 IQ person drive a car w/a "visual device" eating a Big Mac. I like the possibility of not myself , than others doing the nasty when a deranged one corks off.
    Sorry, I have read this three of four times and I'm not really sure what you mean.

    Say you're in a crowded theater and some nut comes in and corks off, out of the 200 people in there, 50 have guns. When the nut starts shooting, 50 people draw their guns and start waving them around. Who is killing people and who is the honest Joe trying to save the day? Who do you shoot at? Who are the good guys with guns and who are the bad guys? Do you think it will be easy to tell?
    Last edited by Buzz; 03-27-2014 at 04:29 PM.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

    Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

  10. #20
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,592

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Sorry, I have read this three of four times and I'm not really sure what you mean.

    Say you're in a crowded theater and some nut comes in and corks off, out of the 200 people in there, 50 have guns. When the nut starts shooting, 50 people draw their guns and start waving them around. Who is killing people and who is the honest Joe trying to save the day? Who do you shoot at? Who are the good guys with guns and who are the bad guys? Do you think it will be easy to tell?
    That happens so often!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •