The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does Obama have to do with Obamacare?

Default What does Obama have to do with Obamacare?

Yesterday a friend of mine asked me this question on facebook: What does Obama have to do with Obamacare? It was an Oh My God moment. But to top off her question she had 3 likes. Please help me. People on the right: what would you say to her? People on the left: what would you say to her? I did tell her my take on it and I guess I stayed objective because she told me that Obamacare was not his original plan. I wanted so bad to ask what that plan involved, but I have not posted back. What can she think he wanted when she didn't even know he was even involved in the first place. If anyone is interested I will share my comment, but I have to go back and get the exact quote.

Terri

1) It took on Obama's name because he made it a primary goal of his administration. The fact that he kept pressure on Congress to get it done while the Ds controlled both chambers was certainly a clue as to how important health care was on his list of priorities.

2) He really wanted a govt option, not just exchanges that left all the insurance entirely in the hands of the insurance companies.

3) At one point in the POTUS debates he acknowledged that he sort of liked the ACA being called Obamacare

4) He has been very active in promoting people to sign it up, and spoke about it often in the 2012 campaign as being so important and so good for everybody.

5) He's the one who keeps changing it. Since he acts like he "owns" it, I'd say we should agree with him on that.

The Ds have said that O-care is really very much like the plan the Republicans had offered before (and I do believe that the R proposal had many similar features). If so, why didn't the Democrats vote on it back then? They had control of both chambers of Congress since 2006, so why didn't they craft it then and force Bush to either sign or veto it?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    1)

The Ds have said that O-care is really very much like the plan the Republicans had offered before (and I do believe that the R proposal had many similar features). If so, why didn't the Democrats vote on it back then? They had control of both chambers of Congress since 2006, so why didn't they craft it then and force Bush to either sign or veto it?
    Tit meet Tat
    The obvious corollary question is why are the Repubs so dead set against it if it was their brainchild originally?
    There are countless other examples of one party claiming foul on the controlling party's actions; yet then when the other party gets control their stances do a 180 degree turn on the same issues.

A few examples; Obamacare; raising the debt ceiling, excessive Presidential vacation expense, the Patriot Act and govt wiretaps & surveillance on citizens by NSA , stimulus checks, govt bailouts of big business, Guantanamo Bay, Interventionist foreign policy, Pork barrel spending & earmarks etc etc

Gerry I believe you may have unwittingly hit on the crux of the problem...............which is Partisanship over Statesmanship!!

Congress has an approval rating in the single digits, yet the same incumbents overwhelmingly keep getting re elected...........Go Figure!!!

Both parties are far more interested in what is best for their own Party and it's special interest groups than they are in doingwhat is best for the country

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Tit meet Tat
    The obvious corollary question is why are the Repubs so dead set against it if it was their brainchild originally?
    There are countless other examples of one party claiming foul on the controlling party's actions; yet then when the other party gets control their stances do a 180 degree turn on the same issues.

A few examples; Obamacare; raising the debt ceiling, excessive Presidential vacation expense, the Patriot Act and govt wiretaps & surveillance on citizens by NSA , stimulus checks, govt bailouts of big business, Guantanamo Bay, Interventionist foreign policy, Pork barrel spending & earmarks etc etc

Gerry I believe you may have unwittingly hit on the crux of the problem...............which is Partisanship over Statesmanship!!

Congress has an approval rating in the single digits, yet the same incumbents overwhelmingly keep getting re elected...........Go Figure!!!

Both parties are far more interested in what is best for their own Party and it's special interest groups than they are in doingwhat is best for the country

That's just the short list!
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Obama vs Obamacare

Both are massive failures.

End of story.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Obama vs Obamacare

Both are massive failures.

End of story.

Bill, could you name a few Legislators from any party who are NOT "massive failures"? Crony capitalism, partisanship, "elect me, I'll set you free" regards.....-Paul
    Last edited by paul young; 03-28-2014 at 10:16 AM.
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

I've yet to run into one person face to face that approves of Obama Care. So the topic is usually negative, and that Obama has screwed up everything else in America he also gets blamed for the National Health Care Bill. The Affordable Health Care Act. Ted Kennedy is dead so you can't blame him anymore.

Affordable Health Care is an oxymoron because everything is broken in the medical field because big business was allowed to put profit before quality health care.

The Democrats have great ideas, they just never think how a program will be funded, except by printing more $$ and devaluing our saved dollars. Inflation will be the ruin of this Nation.
    I don't think I smell like a brewery. I was drinking Scotch.

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    Bill, could you name a few Legislators from any party who are NOT "massive failures"? Crony capitalism, partisanship, "elect me, I'll set you free" regards.....-Paul
    And here we agree that most politicians of either party have serious issues. So why do so many want to continue to give more and more power to the Federal government? Why do so many want to give them more and more control of our lives? We've given them our children's education. Now we want to give them our children's health care. How far do we go? And why?
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McKenzie View Post
    And here we agree that most politicians of either party have serious issues. So why do so many want to continue to give more and more power to the Federal government? Why do so many want to give them more and more control of our lives? We've given them our children's education. Now we want to give them our children's health care. How far do we go? And why?
    Good question

BHO is clueless as to what to do with the ACA because he was nothing more than the pitch man, the powers behind him thought he could sell anything to the American public because of the way they drank the koolaid during his campaigns...the real culprits are those legislators that wrote the bill..BHO never wrote or passed any meaningful legislation on his brief cameo appearance in the Senate, its one of the reasons he is so inept , he has no clue as to how things get done in Congress, no practical hands on experience..all he knows how to do is make speeches and his rhetoric has gotten old and no longer mesmorizes anyone but the dyed in the wool party faithful that would fall on their sword for him jut to ay they defeated the R Party...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"