The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What does Obama have to do with Obamacare?

Maybe folks just can't think beyond the Dems and Repubs and that is why we have government failure no matter which of those two are in power!

People get on this forum and talk Gun Rights yet they don't support the only party that has in their platform that Law Abiding citizens should not be subject to any gun laws.

Same with the Debt and Deficit. Only ONE Party proposes a Balanced Budget Amendment yet that Party is ridiculed heavily by the Repubs on the this forum!

Only one Party refuses to take money from Special Interest but most here support Parties that do take money from Special Interest.

They dislike the spending yet vote for the big spenders. They want Free Markets yet support politicians that support Crony Capitalism.

Our problems today can be laid equally at the feet of the Repubs and the Dems. Does anyone really think the Repubs will fix anything if they take the Senate along with the House? History says, NO!

The People get what they deserve and what we have today is the failure of the Electorate to vote wisely.

It is going to take the younger generation to fix things because the Baby Boomers are a total failure when it comes to voting and government!
    Last edited by Franco; 03-28-2014 at 01:39 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    Bill, could you name a few Legislators from any party who are NOT "massive failures"? Crony capitalism, partisanship, "elect me, I'll set you free" regards.....-Paul
    No... The thread is about Obama and Obamacare.
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Maybe folks just can't think beyond the Dems and Repubs and that is why we have government failure no matter which of those two are in power!

People get on this forum and talk Gun Rights yet they don't support the only party that has in their platform that Law Abiding citizens should not be subject to any gun laws.

Same with the Debt and Deficit. Only ONE Party proposes a Balanced Budget Amendment yet that Party is ridiculed heavily by the Repubs on the this forum!

Only one Party refuses to take money from Special Interest but most here support Parties that do take money from Special Interest.

They dislike the spending yet vote for the big spenders. They want Free Markets yet support politicians that support Crony Capitalism.

Our problems today can be laid equally at the feet of the Repubs and the Dems. Does anyone really think the Repubs will fix anything if they take the Senate along with the House? History says, NO!

The People get what they deserve and what we have today is the failure of the Electorate to vote wisely.

It is going to take the younger generation to fix things because the Baby Boomers are a total failure when it comes to voting and government!
    Being an Independent voter I see your point. I vote the candidate, not for the party. I don't think George Washington belonged to a Political Party.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    Being an Independent voter I see your point. I vote the candidate, not for the party. I don't think George Washington belonged to a Political Party.

George didn't need a Party, he ran unopposed

I too have voted in the past across both Isle, for who I thought was the better candidate.

But, here on POTUS it's just like listening to Rush or Hannity. Dems are all bad and Repubs are all good. Which you and I know isn't the case. However, the National Platforms for each Party are very broken and no longer serves the people. Add, that they have proven over and over that they serve Special Interest and not The People is why we have what we have today. And, things won't change as long as people keep voting for them thinking they have the answers. Which History tells us they don't!

The Who and Why of Big Dollar Politics from the CATO Institute. Though first published in 1983, still true today.
    http://www.cato.org/publications/com...bucks-politics
    Last edited by Franco; 03-28-2014 at 02:42 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    No... The thread is about Obama and Obamacare.
    Thanks Bill for keeping to the thread topic.

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    Bill, could you name a few Legislators from any party who are NOT "massive failures"? Crony capitalism, partisanship, "elect me, I'll set you free" regards.....-Paul
    Paul...depends on how you define failures.....I can promise you most of them are laughing all the way to their bank. I don't like it but I recognize that they all enriching themselves, so they and their families do not consider them failures. Not only do they not Represent us, they generally don't give a darn what we think of them! Except at election time...

[QUOTE=Terri;1203806]Yesterday a friend of mine asked me this question on facebook: What does Obama have to do with Obamacare? It was an Oh My God moment. But to top off her question she had 3 likes. Please help me. People on the right: what would you say to her? People on the left: what would you say to her? I did tell her my take on it and I guess I stayed objective because she told me that Obamacare was not his original plan. I wanted so bad to ask what that plan involved, but I have not posted back. What can she think he wanted when she didn't even know he was even involved in the first place. If anyone is interested I will share my comment, but I have to go back and get the exact quote.

Along with the other 'good' comments regarding the "thread" topic, I would mention how Obama has been repeatedly changing the law, outside of the power he has by the U. S. Constitution, something I believe he will pay for after he is out of office.

I just thought this would in interesting one to throw in here:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2014/...ld-get-covered

Mark D. Bearden is a retired psychologist living in Monroe, North Carolina. In February, he wrote a letter to the President letting him know what the Affordable Care Act has meant to him. The message below was sent to the White House email list today.Didn't get the email? Be sure to sign up here.

I am a staunch Republican, a self-proclaimed Fox News addict, and I didn't vote for the President. And I'm here to tell you that Obamacare works. I'm living proof.
    I'm a chemotherapy patient, and was previously paying $428 a month for my health coverage. I was not thrilled when it was cancelled.
    Then I submitted an application at HealthCare.gov. I looked at my options. And I signed up for a plan for $62 a month.
    It's the best health care I have ever had.
    So right now, here's what I want to tell anyone who still needs health insurance, or knows someone who does:
    Sign up. Follow the instructions on the website. Apply, and look at your options. You still have time, and take it from me: This is something you want to do.
    I wrote a letter to President Obama this past February to tell him about my experience with the Health Insurance Marketplace. I hoped he'd read it, and he did.
    I may not be a supporter of the President. But now, I get mad when I see Obamacare dragged through the mud on television.
    And even though I regularly tune in to conservative pundits, I'd like to tell them they're getting it wrong. Obamacare works.
    So one more time: If you still need health insurance, you have just three days to get it. Do what I did. Go to HealthCare.gov, submit an application, and pick a plan that works for you.
    It just might change your life.
    Mark D. Bearden, Ph.D.
    Monroe, North Carolina

"For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Buzzy....and if you believe that letter is not bogus...I have some cheap land in Florida to sell you.....

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Buzzy....and if you believe that letter is not bogus...I have some cheap land in Florida to sell you.....
    Buzz I have to call BS on your letter, but Swampcollielover beat me to it. Like I tell my kids if it sounds too good to be true, then run like the devil is chasing you.

Terri