The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The least pedigree - the most wins

Default The least pedigree - the most wins

This one is for all of you pedigree experts out there.

Who is the dog (in recent history - say the last 15 years), who had the most success in the competitive dog world, and had the thinnest looking pedigree.

There has to be some dog out there with title-less parents and grandparents who was a tremendous star. Who was he or she?
    "Somehow this creature has completed my manhood; somehow, I cannot explain why, a man ought to have a dog. A man ought to have six legs; those other four legs are part of him." -G.K. Chesterton

http://www.facebook.com/pennyretrievers

So do you have an answer or are you phishing?

I don't know about the FT game but in HT GRHRCH Buddy Ryan's Jimbo comes to mind. I saw a video recently of the owner telling his story of Jimbo. backyard bred out of dogs with no pedigree (pet dogs or maybe hunting dogs) who kept getting out in the road. He kept one because he was afraid it would get run over. He was a first time trainer I think too. Ended up as one of the most prestigious HRC dogs in history with a a grand title and over 5000 points.

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    So do you have an answer or are you phishing?
    Phishing? I really don't know. I'm sincerely curious.
    "Somehow this creature has completed my manhood; somehow, I cannot explain why, a man ought to have a dog. A man ought to have six legs; those other four legs are part of him." -G.K. Chesterton

How about GRHRCH UH Buddy Ryans Jimbo MH Here is a link to a vid. There are 5 or 6 parts.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSX6ObUl73U

oops. dpate I didn't see your post before I posted.

Penny,

you will have a hard time with getting answers publicly unless the owner of said dog decides to post, specifically referencing FT titled dogs...you question is like a back handed compliment and many will not "insult" another's dog....unless they have an axe to grind.
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Penny,

I don't know the answer however I do think it is a legitimate question and am interested in the answer also.

So which dog came from nothing and rose to the top?

Lonnie Spann
    DISCLAIMER: The above post is the opinionated and biased view of your's truly, Lonnie Spann, and is in no way intended to reflect the opinions or views of the unfortunate individuals named below who just happen to be doomed with guilt by association.

Member of CAHRC and North AL HRC. I train with AND AM FRIENDS WITH: Fishduck, Laidback, Splash_Em, RF2, Drake2014, Claimsadj, Hooked on Quackers, RookieTrainer and Roseberry.

HRCH Spann's Quacker Jack "Jack" 500 Pt. Club (New & IMPROVED jacket).

Quote Originally Posted by FOM View Post
    Penny,

you will have a hard time with getting answers publicly unless the owner of said dog decides to post, specifically referencing FT titled dogs...you question is like a back handed compliment and many will not "insult" another's dog....unless they have an axe to grind.
    I certainly didn't mean it with any sort of other intent. I can't see how it could be an insult either - if you've enjoyed success without a huge pedigree, you've done more with less, and proven yourself and your dog's abilities, beyond just letters on a piece of paper.

Penny,

I know your intent was legitimate...it's a good question, but specifically for stud dogs, it's hard enough to title, let alone being a stud dog in a market with a lot of competition...specifically black stud dogs, your dog has to be special and not everyone will appreciate a dog who comes from what someone else might consider a weak pedigree...it's an insult to some and their hard work...hence I doubt many will publicly say anything. It's just human nature...
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot