The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Coolers...Yeti vs Grizzly

I have two Yeti's and they serve their purpose well..........are they worth the money?? My wife doesn't think so!! They are great coolers.

I would look at Brute Outdoors coolers. They are made in Texas. And are true to size. A 50qt is actually a 50qt and so own. I own the 75qt and I love it. It is heavier than your walmart special. But I have had this cooler about a year and haven't broken it. Which is unheard of for me. It keeps whatever inside of it cold for days on end. They are better built, better priced, Made in USA, Look at Brute outdoors.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHaul View Post
    I saw my first Yetis years ago on a 5 day float trip in MT and finally plunked down the bucks for my first one after a redfish trip in Titusville when I walked in to a dealer. It is one of the few things I have ever bought that I really felt was worth the extra $$ versus what I had always done. I now have a couple in different sizes. I know that there are similar models out there like the grizzly now and can't say if they are better or worse. I will say I like my Yetis way more than the Coleman extreme. It really comes in handy on a fishing/hunting trip when getting ice is not easy.

It is less valuable at a weekend trial, but if you want to check one out, stop by my truck and fish a beer out of my cooler--I guarantee you it will be nice and frosty.
    I have always told you that people will love you for who you are and not what you can give themů

BTW, I'm drinking all your beer at the hunt test
    Mioaks Southbound Sammy JH
    Leatherwood's Here's Your One Chance Fancy

"Luck is the residue of design"- Branch Rickey

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Turner View Post
    BTW, I'm drinking all your beer at the hunt test
    That is the real value of the Yeti: I have to bring so much extra beer for a NETNRC event, I barely have room for ice.

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Get a coleman extreme. Less than half the price and keeps ice longer. Field and stream (or one of the outdoor mags) did a test and Coleman extreme won easily.
    I also have one of these and they work incredibly well at a bargain price.

Had one for 3 years. They are tough and hold ice for a couple days on avg. Next cooler will probably going with the new Igloo, good reviews, made in the USA.

I personally like the grizzly better

Its a long story but I left my Yeti 60 quart cooler hanging about halfway in one of my dog boxes after we had been drinking a few after the Sooner trial last year and I made a bat turn onto Route 66 and it flew out of the dog truck. A lady flagged me down and I went back to get it (only a few hundred feet) and there it was, sitting up straight as if I had put it there. Inside were bottles of beer, none broken, not even a drop of water spilled. It looked like it rolled and it was scratched up a bit from hitting the blacktop, but none the worse for wear. Yeah, there are worth the money....
    www.duckclubofoklahoma.com
    www.arcadiaretrievers.com
    Home of:

Bayou Magic's Rouxster Bleu "Bleu" Amateur Win
    Arcadia's Senor Jefe (Ret) 10 1/2 AA pts
    Co/owner FC/AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH (Ret)
    AFC Arcadia's Say Goodnight Gracie (RIP)
    Arcadia's He's A Cracker "Archie" (RIP)

OK,I have the 65 Qt Yeti and it is fine for trials and such. For fishing,well, not nearly enough room inside if you and your fishing buddy actually catch some fish.One small bag of ice and two redfish , and you're done. I checked out the Pelican yesterday at Wal Mark @ $299 .I asked the clerk if I could look inside. He and his manager said NO because it was strapped up like Ft. Knox with theft protection devices. I left it where it was sitting.

You definitely get a work out lugging it around but I still like my yetti