RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Minnesota Retriever Clubs

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Steve Thornton 
#1 ·
Hello, I live near two clubs, Central Minnesota, and Lake Country. Both have training grounds and groups that train during the week in the evenings. I have a 1.5 y/o Chessie female who has been with a trainer for almost a year. I am pretty green to all this but am not new to dogs or hunting. My goals are to continue training and run her in tests and trials and of course have hunting companion. I would like to get off to a good start with a club that would be good people to train with. I could join both and may answer my own question. So, does anyone have knowledge of which club would be a better fit for me. I am not looking for anyone to train my dog for me, just patience and a good place to learn.

Steve

#4 ·
Lake Country has 3 training nights a week from April thru August. They also have a two part new handlers clinic for those getting into hunt tests, an April informal test, and train with the pro nights where you can learn from a pro trainer during the summer. They also offer several hunting events during the winter. There are a few members that run field trials but most run hunt tests. Very active club with lots of experienced members. Feel free to email or message me with any questions.

#6 ·
CMRC has a club meeting this Tuesday, April 1 at the clubhouse at 7:30. Come on up and meet some of us and. Beck out the grounds. We have two trials a year and a double header hunt test. Wonderful grounds groomed and maintained for retriever training. Hope to meet you.

Gordie Schlichting
CMRC. Hunt Test Chair

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.