The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Let The Death Spiral Begin

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    That's not my meaning which I believe you know.
    Yea, but I really enjoyed posting that...
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I suspect that Charly is on medicare/medicaid. Programs that the right wants to fold. And I'm the bad guy???
    Mike, if you really cared about Charly, you're closer than me. If I was closer I would help her get to the doctor she needed and make the appointment and pay for it. Or arrange for a house visit and pay for it.
    Charly is a tough old bird. She chooses to play on RTF PP. She knows she needs a tough skin. She is able to respond for herself. Which she does.
    I don't agree with Charly, on politics, but I do respect her the same as I do my 90 year old mother that has been in home hospice care for the last 30 days and whose time is short, and whose travel to doctors before hospice was frequently uncomfortable
    To those that think there is a lack of respect for their elders....nothing new there.... JD
    Not needing a ride. I need a doc who has time to see me. We have always paid our own way except in the medicare case ( we do pay for medicare ). That as far as I'm concerned is not needed by us but it seemed that we had to do it.
    We have had very good medical coverage through the company that my husband worked for all those years. We still have very good coverage ( secondary ). My point is we need a doc who is not bound by obama care at this point in time. We have no choice. And the trip to the doc is more than uncomfortable but I can still grit my teeth and do it. I do not need help !!!!!!! Just get the government out of my way !!!! My point does not seem to be getting accross to people. No more money needs to be spent by anyone else. We can pay for that. But I do not need a doctor an hour's drive away.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I suspect that Charly is on medicare/medicaid. Programs that the right wants to fold. And I'm the bad guy???
    Mike, if you really cared about Charly, you're closer than me. If I was closer I would help her get to the doctor she needed and make the appointment and pay for it. Or arrange for a house visit and pay for it.
    Charly is a tough old bird. She chooses to play on RTF PP. She knows she needs a tough skin. She is able to respond for herself. Which she does.
    I don't agree with Charly, on politics, but I do respect her the same as I do my 90 year old mother that has been in home hospice care for the last 30 days and whose time is short, and whose travel to doctors before hospice was frequently uncomfortable
    To those that think there is a lack of respect for their elders....nothing new there.... JD
    You "suspect" but don't know? Hugh, I'm not taking up for Charly. I just thought your comment was uncalled for and as it turns out, incorrect.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

JDogger....

Their you go again...no one in the Republican Party has ever proposed to 'fold' medicare or medicaid! That is just a 'stupid' and 'ignorant' comment. Do a little research and you will find that we have proposed to 'privatize' these programs because the government cannot run big programs without screwing them up.

Called by Republicans, Health Insurers Deliver Unexpected Testimony

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/05/08...testimony.html
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Buzzy....you really need to broden your reading habits....New York Times the number one Liberal Blog in the Nation! Washington Post is second...so do not go their either...

Quote Originally Posted by swampcollielover View Post
    Buzzy....you really need to broden your reading habits....New York Times the number one Liberal Blog in the Nation! Washington Post is second...so do not go their either...

Yes and I'm fairly sure that this didn't get any coverage on Fox or in the Washington Times, or at Breitbart.com or at American Thinker, etc. It did get some coverage at "The Hill." Probably too liberal for you too...

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare...o-care-punches

Buzzy, Yep...those new sources do not use Liberal Propaganda....!

Has anyone here reviewed the hearing transcripts and found any facts to suggest that anything in the article is not factually correct? If so put up the evidence. They seem to have testified to this:
    Insurers, appearing before a panel of the Energy and Commerce Committee, testified that the law had not led to a government takeover of their industry, as some Republicans had predicted. Indeed, several insurers said their stock prices had increased in the last few years.

The executives also declined to endorse Republican predictions of a sharp increase in insurance premiums next year, saying they did not have enough data or experience to forecast prices. And they said they were already receiving federal subsidy payments intended to make insurance more affordable for low- and middle-income people.

Not sure stock prices going up has anything to do with anything about how well the law will work out. If insurance companies get out of health insurance, they can still sell other types of insurance or "supplements". Even in Europe supplemental plans to the govt health plans are becoming part of their health insurance market.

Insurance companies now seem to be saying something different about what will happen to premiums in the future. Keeping in mind that certain portions of the law have been delayed in implementation, so we won't really know the impact until they are fully implemented. Maybe the insurance companies were also glad that those delays were effected?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.