The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Rand Pauls Busy April 1st Day

Default Rand Pauls Busy April 1st Day

1st.. Paul thinks that Caterpillar should be commended for stashing $2.4 Billion tax dollars in Switzerland since 2000 by using the tax code smartly.

2nd..Paul thinks the Republican party should not be the party of "deportation" but sensitive to illegals plight. Further , that it is a "no-brainer" to allow more H-!B techies in as long as hi-tech companies want them.

Franco how do you read this? This is not a set-up question but what do you think he is attempting to do w/these maneuvers?

Rand is hard to figure out because he walks that line between being a Libertarian on Fiscal Issues (against Crony Capitalism and supports Free Markets, Balanced Budget Amendment which is against GOP policy) yet he sides with the GOP on most Social Issues (meaning he is not quite ready to embrace the 21st Century).

He is the only GOP hopeful that is trying to broaden the appeal beyond 55+ white voters and this could be an attempt to attract some Hispanic support. There are some Libertarian pundits that think Immigration reform is long over-due but not anything like what the Dems propose. The feeling is that we can no longer take in unlimited numbers of the foreign hungry masses and unskilled. I agree with this. That the only way to enter this Country is that you are skilled at something we have a shortage of.

Rand has been reaching out to black America speaking at a number of predominantly black universities. Though his reception has been cold, it is the correct step for him to make. His speaking engagement at Berkley the week before last stunned the Left because when was the last time a Repub received a standing ovation from the student body at Berkley? Interesting enough was that marijuana wasn't a part of his speech as it had to do with the DHS and our lost Liberties. Remember, many Libertarian ideals appeal to the Dems like equal Rights for ALL citizens.

In regards to Caterpillar, who can blame them for taking advantage of our poor Tax Code? Corporate America is the most abused and highly taxed entity in the world next to the American Tax payer. Rand would do away with the IRS which is another Libertarian ideal as on LP.org

His attempt is in demonstrating that he is not a dye in the wool Repub and is the Repubs only serious hope for capturing the White House. I have mixed emotions about him as I've seen him become less of a Libertarian and more of a Repub. Gov Gary Johnson getting the votes he did in the last Presidential race means that Rand is going to have to have support from Libertarians as the ranks are swelling. I don't see that happening in large numbers until he embraces more of the ideals of his father.
    Last edited by Franco; 04-01-2014 at 06:14 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Thank you Franco. It is easy to say after you have spelled it out but I too have some doubts as to how libertarian he really is or was. Realistically we know he can't run as Perot or Nader yet and expect to win at the national level. Maybe this is where you hold your nose from the stench and vote..

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    Thank you Franco. It is easy to say after you have spelled it out but I too have some doubts as to how libertarian he really is or was. Realistically we know he can't run as Perot or Nader yet and expect to win at the national level. Maybe this is where you hold your nose from the stench and vote..
    I am too tired of holding my nose and voting. I have made up my mind that I will vote my conscience no matter what the candidates chance are. Just like the last Presidential election, there was zero doubt in my mind that former 2x Gov Gary Johnson was the most qualified to lead this country out of the mess created by the Repubs and the Dems. I and several other million felt the same way. And, it has motivated me into the giving of my valuable time and cash to the National Party, State Party and Parish(County) organization.

Extremism in the Defense of Liberty is no vice...Sen. Barry Goldwater
    Last edited by Franco; 04-01-2014 at 06:18 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

I voted for him too. Gary Johnson, that is.

Paul has his dads values at heart. They just cannot be displayed to win the primary.

If it would be Paul, Lee or Cruz the senate better have their 67% majority ready because each have taken on their own party. Thus, their veto pen will be used. Thus, they may may referred to as the veto president.

its 2014.....why is everyone so eager to define a candidate so early, lots of time for Rand Paul to show his stuff,lots of events for him to comment on, and lets see how he does his job in the Senate, before he gets the keys to the WH
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Rand has been reaching out to black America speaking at a number of predominantly black universities. Though his reception has been cold, it is the correct step for him to make. His speaking engagement at Berkley the week before last stunned the Left because when was the last time a Repub received a standing ovation from the student body at Berkley? Interesting enough was that marijuana wasn't a part of his speech as it had to do with the DHS and our lost Liberties. Remember, many Libertarian ideals appeal to the Dems like equal Rights for ALL citizens.

The one speech I watched him give was down right painful to watch. However, I think he will be given points for trying because at least he is not ignoring them. He needs to find his message for those voters and build trust and he will be able to take voters from there.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."