The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: A major loss for the Field Trial Community

I have been a member here for a very long time. I enjoyed Mr. Fallon's comments and participation for many years..., like many others that are "over the bridge" that have participated here and made RTF the "family" that it is, I shall miss him also....
    To his family and friends, I wish strength and sympathy at his untimely passing....
    He touch many lives in many different ways...a testament to a life lived and shared...
    Rest in Peace John,

With Sincere Sympathy,
    Earlene

sorry to hear the news,RIP John
    Marty Lee
    HRCH Daisey's Rambunctious Rascal "Rambo"
    Co-Owner HRCH Summers Gusty Breeze MH "Gussie"

We will miss you Mr Fallon. Rip
    MOBETTA'S RETRIEVER

John Fallon...you will be missed. Rest in Peace, Sir!!!
    No Whiners!

Well that God damn SOB has gone and I only just found out by coming on here! May he rest in peace! I only knew John through RTF,and we had many a discussion open and privately! If there was one thing about 'John' ! He made you ''Think''!?, and that's what I admire and like about the Man!
    He was also an argumentative/debatable guy through the forum ,and for 'ME'! That made me
    One Shooter One Spaniel One Retriever

I had the pleasure to work for John while in college and those days were truly some of my fondest college memories. Rest in peace John.

That is very sad to hear. My condolences to his family and friends. I sure liked John. He added spice to the conversation and made you think about stuff a little deeper. I had the pleasure of meeting John and exchanging small chit chat at ribbon ceremonies and in and round the gallery And I ran a couple of trials under him.. He set up some concepts that were new to me. I was probably to green to have seen them before. To this day I still think of him when I set up those concepts in training. ,, You will be missed but not forgotten.

Rest in Peace John

Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

A note from Patty Jordan

John's passing was a shock to our group, especially me. I always saw John as one of the strongest men that I knew, even sick, he was always out training or working, so I never thought he would leave anytime soon. I was sadly wrong. If I had known he was leaving, I might have said, John, remember when this started and we were a lot younger but no less passionate about our dogs than we are now. We saw each other through a lot. A lot of new beginnings with puppy raising, training, trialing them until the end of the road would come, and we would see each other through that.

John always pushed for all of us to do better, be nicer, and care more about each other. He was proud of his training group, and always would be part of every trial, whether he was there or not. He gave us a lot to laugh about, even more to think about.

To John's RTF family, Thank You for the beautiful words about John, especially you Chris Atkinson. Our group knows the history, your letter could not be more spot on. It brought such humor and comfort to his family.

Yep, if I knew John was leaving I would have said Thank You for being my mentor, my training partner, part of my family, and for 20 years of a great friendship. You are a very good man, John Fallon, I will always love you and most of all Thank You for twenty years of never boring.

Well John, i'm lost my friend. I can't drive up the lane without looking for your truck. What are we going to do?

I remember the first time I joined the group you had just had hip surgery and were out training. It was hot as the devil and you were asleep on the line in a big white knit sweater,,,and i've been confused ever since. How will we go on? No more standing on the line thinking WTH is John doing? No more set ups that flummoxed everyone but you and maybe 2 dogs out of 20. No more "see that blade of grass?" trying to point out where you want me to set up a mark in a MASSIVE FIELD OF GRASS! No more of everybody picking up at the line to see your truck start moving, newbies asking what's John doing, well, we are moving or done for the day, wait and see. No more voice over my massive marine radios, which you loved, championing a dogs work when you felt the handler was not being fair to the dog. No more,,,everything,, I will miss everything.

On a personal note, after Curtis died, the pain in your eyes, the way you, Patty and Bozie let me in, gave me purpose and made me stronger is why my love for you is deep and lasting. You jackass, can't believe it. Rest easy my dear friend, we'll take it from here,,,

God Bless,
    Lee Holcombe

You stayed true and consistent...definitely one of life's characters - RIP John.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.