The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Briezy - July 20, 1999 - April 4, 2014

Default Briezy - July 20, 1999 - April 4, 2014

Today I had to say good bye to my best friend and constant companion for over 14.5 years. We had a wonderful life together and I will miss her more than words can say.

Briezy really only loved 3 things in this world - field work, mini marshmallows and me. Even though she saw no need to get chummy with most people, everybody that knew her loved her. She had a presence about her that was special. There was not a set up in the world that she did not think she could do! Her attitude always was "Maybe I can't do this, but I sure am going to try!!" And try she did. She always gave her all to everything she did. And what always made me happy was she never, ever said "I don't want to do this anymore".

She ran her last trial at 11.5 and then went into semi-retirement and then full retirement. But last season at the age of 14, every time we had flyers so did she. I might have to move her up so it was only a 30-40 yard retrieve but she always got her flyer. And that made us both happy.

Briezy was probably most famous for her creeping. I think if you measured how much ground she had covered over the years it would be measured in miles rather than yards But what was the most incredible thing about her creeping is that she never broke in her entire life, she always waited to be sent.

She was bred once - motherhood was not her thing! One of her offspring is sort of a celebrity here on RTF and he has made her proud.

Life without her by my side is going to take some getting used to. Briezy is buried deeply in my heart and she will always be with me. She taught me well and has done her best to prepare me to be the best handler I can be for Ticket and especially for my little firecracker Lizzie.

I will always love you, Briezy. I know that where you are now your body is strong, creeping is no longer frowned upon and the marshmallow bag will never be empty. This is one of my favorite pictures of a young Briezy.

100_0251 - Briezy web.jpg
    Andy

"You can't win until you are not afraid to lose."

Luckydux Cheese And Quackers CD MH - Briezy (7/20/99-4/4/14)
    FTCH AFTCH Luckydux Drakehaven Hot Ticket*** - Ticket
    Luckydux Gave Her Momma Forty Quacks - Lizzie
    Luckydux Quacker Jaxx WC JH - Jaxxy
    Luckydux Graham Quacker WC JH -Graham
    Luckydux Penny In A Parking Lot - Penny

Godspeed Briezy.

Condoaneces Andy, beentheredonethat...

Bury her in your heart and remember all the good times.

So very sorry for your loss. What a wonderful tribute.

What a sad, sad day. Briezy has been a well known and loved character here at RTF since the first days I joined in. Lately I have really enjoyed seeing her graying muzzle and beautiful winter outfits. I do know what it is to have that one dear, special dog in your life. I hope Ticket and Lizzie can fill the empty space and give you enough joy to ease the loss. Guns up! Briezy to the line!
    Carol,
    Owned and handled by Cruisin' with Indiana Jones, JH
    Alternate Handler: Westwind Buffalo Soldier
    Apprentice Handler: Snake River Medicine Man, JH
    http://newhoperetrievers.com

I am sorry for your loss. Well done Briezy.
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

I am so sorry, Andy. I know how much it hurts.
    As time passes, it will hurt less. But the love will always be there.

Rest well, Briezy, good dog, good girl.
    Charlotte Kaiser: " The Problem Lies In The Talent."

Oh my, I have no words...I saw the title of the thread and my heart just sank. I swear there is nothing worse than see a "closing date" after a dogs name in the title of a thread, but this one hits close to home and hurts even more. I'm so glad I got to meet Briezy so many years ago. I do recall the countless stories you shared of her many years ago as you struggled with her creeping and she so reminded me of my Flash - the heart, the desire, knowing there was an incredible "first dog ", imagine where she could of gone if you only knew what you know now and when you bred her, the timing was perfect for me to get a puppy. I still have the VHS puppy video you sent me of her kids so I could "pick" a puppy...I remember I wanted Graham, but you kept him and sent me Bullet...lucky me! I see pictures of Briezy and I compare them to Bullet, I know where he gets the majority of his looks....I'm gonna miss the FB updates of pictures of Briezy. Condolences to you Andy and all those that loved her. I'll give Bullet and extra long hug just for you and her....

God's Speed Briezy, may your flyers never hit the ground before you get there!

Love - Lainee and Big Bad Bullet Boy
    "You can't eat a pig whole, but you can eat a whole pig." - Joe S.

Proudly Owned By:
    MHR HR Flash Of Mischief SH CD CGC - Flash (10/15/98 - 10/8/12)
    Lightning Fast Quack Attacker*** - Bullet
    Gotta Heart Of A Warrior - Ranger (12/26/07 - 8/10/2010)
    SML's Gettin' Sexy With It*** - Tango
    FOM's Raising a Ruckus in the Rockies - Riot

Andy-

I'm so sorry. You wrote such a wonderful tribute. The first dog that takes you there has your heart and Briezy is your heart dog. I always loved watching her run. You gave her the life every dog deserves. The chance to do what she lived for and a loving home at the end of the day. She knew she was loved and cared for.

I think the dogs you have now will take you places that some can only dream of, but it doesn't diminish that Briezy paved the way and lit the spark.

Rest Well Briezy. You were a Good Dog.

M
    "You can put pressure on a dog, you canít take it backÖ"

Mitch Patterson '07

MHR Wadin's Katie Lied CD, SH, WCX (11/25/93-1/27/07 Rest Well Kate)
    Brassfire's Brass in Pocket JH, WCX ** (4 Master passes)
    Brassfire's New England Patriot (New Pup!!!)

I'm so so sorry. Run free sweet girl.

Barb Gibson
    with
    CH Rosewood Little Giant UDX VER RA SH MXP MJP XFP T2BP VCX WCX CCA CGC FFX-OG
    also UCH HR UUD UJJ URO1 UHIT
    (golden retriever) born 3-10-07
    a.k.a. "Tito", "The Tito Monster"
    www.GoTeamTito.com

You said it all too well Andy

So sorry for your loss.

Freya