The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: congressman can't live decently on his pay

Crony capitalism (Franco) is great ! You can't deny their money seeking initiatives because they are smarter and better equipped than us. Suck it up peasants. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Produce some legislation and fewer investigations and maybe we just might consider a raise then. For this batch of critters in Congress, reducing their pay 50% would be paying them lavishly for the puny effort they have put forth.
    I don't know, I think I'm happiest when they are NOT legislating, and would possibly be willing to pay them a bit more to STOP writing new laws and regulations. I think we have enough already. AS to not being able to afford to live in DC, there should be a dormitory and a cafeteria where they live when in DC, nothing plush, no gourmet meals, just good, wholesome farm surplus.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    .................................................. .................................................. ................AS to not being able to afford to live in DC, there should be a dormitory and a cafeteria where they live when in DC, nothing plush, no gourmet meals, just good, wholesome farm surplus.
    This I agree with 100%. .................................................. .............................
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I don't know, I think I'm happiest when they are NOT legislating, and would possibly be willing to pay them a bit more to STOP writing new laws and regulations. I think we have enough already. AS to not being able to afford to live in DC, there should be a dormitory and a cafeteria where they live when in DC, nothing plush, no gourmet meals, just good, wholesome farm surplus.
    right on!!!

If you don't like the Pay. Don't run for the office. If you look at the background of mosts Pols they also have a Law Office. Or a successful, business.

535 Members of Congress are Lawyers. Your POTUS and his wife are (were) Lawyers. None are hurting for $$ to have a nice life. With the average family income in the $40,000.00 range they are doing a lot better then their constituency.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    If you don't like the Pay. Don't run for the office. If you look at the background of mosts Pols they also have a Law Office. Or a successful, business.

535 Members of Congress are Lawyers. Your POTUS and his wife are (were) Lawyers. None are hurting for $$ to have a nice life. With the average family income in the $40,000.00 range they are doing a lot better then their constituency.
    And they work very hard to make sure it STAYS that way!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    And they work very hard to make sure it STAYS that way!!!!
    Yes sir ! Bunch of traitors is what they are. Or maybe "turn coats" is a better way of putting it. I been talking more plainly lately as it suits my mood better !
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

I don't think they need a raise either, however I did look at housing prices to understand his argument and they are pretty high. There are many, many options available to them besides buying residence in the middle of DC. I am certain there probably a few people who work in DC and earn less than a $175,000.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

I found this and thought it was interesting. http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/uscong...ongresspay.htm

In there it says there is a $3000 tax deduction for members for the necessary second residence. I guess I would not be opposed to raising that by as much as another $3000.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

With technology where it is today they shouldn't need to be in DC. Video conference and let them do their work from their home state then their peeps can hold them accountable for how they vote.