The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CT wants large employers to have higher min wage,

Default CT wants large employers to have higher min wage,

Off their rocker again! A small employer becaomes a large employer. The CT dems are completely out of control!

The bill would treat franchises as one business, even though each ownership group is its own legal entity.

Since when was min wage meant to be a way of life?

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-1...,5342913.story
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

Since we have allowed 11 million illegals into the USA , pay them little to nothing , submerge our homegrown working class , and employers claiming ignorance as to national status willingly employ them. Have you all forgot about the "infamous" Gov. Mitt Romney (MA) who had illegals working on his "private property" for years but when called to task he said that was his wife's responsibility. Next he ran for President. What about all of Clinton's cronies w/their law degrees and fancy background who got caught. Hypocrisy rules not law.

Well lets start by throwing every illegal out now! 48 Hours to prove you are legal or toss them either over the border or into the ocean!!! As a LEGAL immigrant I have ZERO compassion for ILLEGALS! The law states that you must carry your green card on you at all times. I'm now a citizen but play by the same rules!

I am pleased you played by the rules but what about the employers who have deliberately NOT played by the rules/plead ignorance or worker shortage? Further , no current political party wants to really resolve this. I have never forgiven Ronald Reagan for letting in 5.5 million as President. North Carolina has thousands of illegal Hispanics according to my relatives , who is watching the shop there?

Quote Originally Posted by swliszka View Post
    I am pleased you played by the rules but what about the employers who have deliberately NOT played by the rules/plead ignorance or worker shortage? Further , no current political party wants to really resolve this. I have never forgiven Ronald Reagan for letting in 5.5 million as President. North Carolina has thousands of illegal Hispanics according to my relatives , who is watching the shop there?

we employers should not be asked, required or fined for not doing what our government REFUSES TO DO!

why is it my reponsibility to screen workers and applicants when i am 1,500 miles from the nearest boarder. my position is, has been and always will be, if you guys don't want illegals hired in alabama.....keep them out of alabama. i don't have the time, resources or money to do a job our federal government should be taking care of for me.

if government just has to regulate something, regulate the dang boarder. i am not "pleading ignorance", i am pleading "if you do your job(feds), i'll do mine(employ)".
    john mccallie

its very difficult if not damn near impossible to deport illegal/undocumented aliens when there are safe haven cities all across the country,seems like just about every state has them, so when your local govt is in violation of the law, and the state and Federal agencies refuse to do their job what is the citizenry of the US supposed to do
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

roseberry that is how it happened - people looking the other way because it was not "their" business. When I reported a 14 year old illegal roofing a neighboring house , "nolo contendere" was the company's defense. Chilpote just got wacked @ all their facilities. I am tired of people pleading ignorance when it is to their financial gain but harmful to the general population. Further , with these safe havens , documentation to illegals by social do-gooders and financial enablers destroys any rules about anything !

Quote Originally Posted by roseberry View Post
    we employers should not be asked, required or fined for not doing what our government REFUSES TO DO!

why is it my reponsibility to screen workers and applicants when i am 1,500 miles from the nearest boarder. my position is, has been and always will be, if you guys don't want illegals hired in alabama.....keep them out of alabama. i don't have the time, resources or money to do a job our federal government should be taking care of for me.

if government just has to regulate something, regulate the dang boarder. i am not "pleading ignorance", i am pleading "if you do your job(feds), i'll do mine(employ)".
    Fair comment sir, but as an employer I detect some specious reasoning here too. Not knowing your business I can not be certain if this applies to you but, I run a rudimentary back ground check on employees and obtain a prospect's social insurance number before hiring. If this practice is applicable in your State, does this not place an employer in an excellent position to aid their government in curtailing illegal immigration?

if some form of screening is already done to hire people with the right skill sets for the job, then there is no burden to check citizenship. The logical progression from avoiding this task is that your nation's unemployed will all be legal and your employed illegal, that sounds like a recipe for social collapse.
    Last edited by blind ambition; 04-05-2014 at 03:19 PM.
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

Quote Originally Posted by blind ambition View Post
    I run a rudimentary back ground check on employees and obtain a prospect's social insurance number before hiring. .
    Problem is even on an I-9 a person does not need to produce a SS card which happens to be nothing but a flimsy piece of paper with no photo. With female employees it is even worse. Many US born citizens kick out as a SS# name mismatch simply because upon marraige they fail to change their name with SS. They change with DMV, credit cards, etc but not SS.

I'm not really sure how a thread started about CT wanting 2 different min wages turned to illegals.
    The point of the original post was that a small business owner who owned one "Burger King" as an example would be required to pay a higher min wage since "Burger King" by name would be a "large" employer.
    Min wage was never meant to be a way of life but rather an entry into the workforce.