Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obituary for John Fallon

Eastern Shore of Maryland http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com

Default Obituary for John Fallon

I just received the following link for John's obituary:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dai...&pid=170505813

John J. Fallon Jr. of Coatesville John J. Fallon Jr., 70, passed away in his home on Tuesday, April 1, 2014. Born in New York, N.Y., he was the son of the late John J. and Venice (Rosini) Fallon. He graduated from Scott High School in 1961. John started his career with Lukens Steel Company as a rigger and foreman of the paint shop. He then worked as an Ironworker out of IW Local 451 before joining his father's company, Coatesville Contractors and Engineers, as a superintendent. In 1984, he and his brother Robert purchased City Construction Co., Inc., where he worked until his retirement. John's lifelong passion was training Labrador retrievers. He was a very dedicated leader in his retriever clubs and the field trial community as a whole. John served as president of the Del Bay Retriever Club from 2006 to 2008 and then became an active board member of the club. In addition to training and competing, he devoted much of his time working as a field trial judge up and down the east coast. John's presence, inspiration and influence in the sport will be sorely missed. John is survived by three brothers, Robert (Gail) Fallon of Downingtown, Daniel Fallon, Esquire, of Downingtown, William Fallon of Coatesville; two sisters, Marie Fallon Sklar of Wayne, Dr. Louise (Ed) Scura of Potomac, Md.; three children, Michael Fallon of Downingtown, Michele Fallon of King of Prussia, and Stephanie Fallon of West Chester; granddaughters, Ashley and Amanda, and great-granddaughter Alice. He was preceded in death by his brother Martin Fallon. In addition, John is survived by his two Labs, Indiana Jones (Indy) and Cedar Swamps Dance Hall Girl (Belle). Friends are invited to join the family for a memorial reception from 1 to 4 p.m. on Saturday, April 12th, at Saint Anthony's Lodge, 259 West Church Street, Downingtown, PA 19335. In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made to the Esophageal Cancer Awareness Association (ecaware.org) or Labrador Life Line (labradorlifeline.org).

Published in The Daily Local on Apr. 6, 2014
    Vicky
    RTF Moderator
    http://www.oakdaleretrievers.com/Remembrance.html "You'll Cry"

Thanks for posting Vicky
    Bert Rodgers

Damn. Another one gone. I'll miss him.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Thanks for posting.

This has been a horrible week for losses. I wish everyone on RTF who only knew John as a sparring partner could have met him and trained with him. He was the antithesis of who he was here. Oh, how he loved his dogs and dogs in general. He wasn't so much competitive as he was wanting to see dogs and handlers do well. He didn't have "That dog screwed me over" attitude, as he did, "How do I communicate what I want and give him a chance to succeed?". There are retrievers out there that need a John Fallon in their lives. I wish I'd known how sick you were John. I would have picked up the phone. Rest Well. You were a good man. Throw Kate a few happy bumpers along with all the other dogs who meet you at the Bridge.

M
    "You can put pressure on a dog, you canít take it backÖ"

Mitch Patterson '07

MHR Wadin's Katie Lied CD, SH, WCX (11/25/93-1/27/07 Rest Well Kate)
    Brassfire's Brass in Pocket JH, WCX ** (4 Master passes)
    Brassfire's New England Patriot (New Pup!!!)

Too many are leaving way too early in life from this horrid illness

For me, it was a pleasure to read John's posts even if I did not "know" him

I am sure he will be missed by many on RTF

Peace to John and his family~~
    Freya

Thanks Vicky
    I have learned I need these dogs much more than they need me. Tim Bockmon

I'm reminded of :"you don't know what you got till it's gone". Thanks John for pushing the envelope. Harry
    "Sometimes we just gotta do what is right". Jerry 2006

See ya in the field. HPW http://www.sagaciouskennel.com/

Thank you Vicky.
    Please people, quit dying. Enough already. I mean it.
    Don't bother to just be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
    William Faulkner

Such sad news. RIP John.
    "Force fetch isn't about retrieving as much as it is conditioning a dog to handle pressure, in a very controlled environment. It's about putting a dog in the position of having to figure out how to turn off pressure by finding the correct response. This translates into numerous areas in training." Sharon Potter.