My 4 year old YLF has a bad case. We were on vacation last week and left her here at the house with my brother. He says nothing crazy happened while we were gone.
Had to take her to the emergency vet yesterday after vomiting for roughly 8 hours. Wish I had not waited so long.
Anyway, they ran a battery of tests. X rays, blood work, IV fluids, pain meds, etc. Tests came back with very high levels confirming Pancreatitis.
I picked her up this morning at 7:00 am and straight to her regular vet, who was waiting on us with all paperwork already faxed to him.
I know and trust my vet. He took more blood and is sending it to Auburn, I believe. He also did an ultrasound, and her Pancreas showed on the sound, which he says it usually is not clear unless there is a problem.
For now, he has her, and is giving IV fluids, antibiotic, and pain meds. He will call us at the end of the day to let us know what we should do next.
Has anyone had any experience with this?
We take excellent care of our dog. No children, so she is our baby.
She is also my hunting buddy, so I am worried sick.