The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad case of Pancreatitis?

Quote Originally Posted by huntdawg View Post
    She is my first retriever. I do not run hunt test, but I hunt with her a lot. I used to be an avid deer and turkey hunter. That is history. This little girl has changed my life.

I have spent more quality time with her over the last 4 years then all of my other pets combined over 40 years.

I miss hearing those claws on the hardwood floor when I open the door to come home.
    I once took a dog from Virginia to Auburn. If she can be saved they will do it. Hoping here you get your girl back healthy soon.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

Just got off the phone with Auburn. They took the feeding tube out of her nose. She would not tolerate it, and they were worried she would hurt herself.

They gave her a handful of food this morning and shebheld it down. She also held down another handful later this afternoon. Believe it or not, she had a regular bowl movement this morning also

We are so very relieved, but will talk in the morning.

Thanks for your support.

Just got off the phone with Auburn. They took the feeding tube out of her nose. She would not tolerate it, and they were worried she would hurt herself.

They gave her a handful of food this morning and shebheld it down. She also held down another handful later this afternoon. Believe it or not, she had a regular bowl movement this morning also

Thanks for your support.

Sounds like a miracle!! Best of luck!

That is great news!

Very good news

Thanks for your support.
    You must be elated. Hope you continue getting good news. There are some good folks at Auburn.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

Just spoke to Auburn this morning. She held a larger feeding down this morning. Fever is almost gone. They will call back in the late afternoon.

What wonderful news! Our old CBR has had a handful of pancreatitis episodes over the past years, but none any where near as bad as your poor girl. Sounds like she's on the mend. Fingers crossed!

I've been offline for a couple of weeks so just reading this now - so glad things are looking a little more positive.

A very good friend of mine had Australian shepherd that got into something from the garbage or table - it's been a while so I don't recall the offending tantalizing foodstuff. But he went into acute pacreatitis and it was touch and go. He recovered and lived a happy life but she had to get very very strict with his diet. Any variation (local neighborhood kid giving some table scrap) and he'd have a bad episode quickly. Good luck, so glad to hear more upbeat news.

Bad phone call this afternoon. She was doing better, but the fever would not go away. They took another sonagram and discovered fluid around the pancreas.

We went down to see her. She was drugged and confused. She perked up after about 10 minutes, but you could tell she feels bad.

They said to stay by the phone tonight in case surgery is needed.

I really need her to get better. My wife is scheduled to have Hernia surgery this Friday, and I need her to be in good spirits.

Please, please pray my little girl gets better. Both my girls are hurting.