The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 236

Thread: Another Ruby Ridge in waiting

  1. #21
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,650

    Default

    Stan b & Elvis

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Cool picture! I'd like to see one in the wild someday .

    The "Sagebrush Rebellion" is just that, people who want something for nothing.
    Unfortunately, it something that belongs to all of us. We also need to quit renting
    our (the nation's taxpayers) property to people who do not appreciate that it is ours!
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    Very funny. Native Americans ( in most cases ) do not hunt out of season etc. Apples and oranges.
    I'm glad you said "most", on the other hand, "most" native americans that I know personally, do hunt out of season. They call it "Indian Season", which they tell me it means that any time they want to shoot a deer, or turkey, or any other wild game. It is in season for them. All good people and I don't care because it is part of their heritage for subsistence hunting.

  4. #24
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    I'm glad you said "most", on the other hand, "most" native americans that I know personally, do hunt out of season. They call it "Indian Season", which they tell me it means that any time they want to shoot a deer, or turkey, or any other wild game. It is in season for them. All good people and I don't care because it is part of their heritage for subsistence hunting.

    As long as they keep it on the rez.

    There are plenty of other cultures in the US who have a history of taking game illegally. As for those groups, just because it's part of their culture doesn't keep them from being slob hunters deserving of my disdain (and a call to game thief).
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  5. #25
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    ur point??
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Linden, VA
    Posts
    1,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    ur point??
    Could be wrong, but I think Stan was bring to our attention the government would like us to believe this is all about protecting the Desert Tortise
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)

  7. #27
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Cool picture! I'd like to see one in the wild someday .

    The "Sagebrush Rebellion" is just that, people who want something for nothing.
    Unfortunately, it something that belongs to all of us. We also need to quit renting
    our (the nation's taxpayers) property to people who do not appreciate that it is ours!

    Here's another one for you, although it is a Texas tortoise, not a desert tortoise. NOT my photo, but was taken during the 2013 Coastal Bend Wildlife Photo Contest. I have photographed tortoises on numerous occasions, and have never gotten anything as cool as this shot.

    http://wildlifeinfocus.org/ImageGall...een&cache=True

    Here's a link to the rest of the contest images:

    http://wildlifeinfocus.org
    Last edited by HPL; 04-09-2014 at 05:30 PM.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  8. #28
    Senior Member Golddogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    I'm glad you said "most", on the other hand, "most" native americans that I know personally, do hunt out of season. They call it "Indian Season", which they tell me it means that any time they want to shoot a deer, or turkey, or any other wild game. It is in season for them. All good people and I don't care because it is part of their heritage for subsistence hunting.
    This speaks volumes.

    Had you ever experienced a tribal walleye spearing event you may feel differently. Electric lights and spearing spawning females in shallow water. Very little regard for nature IMO. All in the name of tribal rights.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Golddogs View Post
    This speaks volumes.

    Had you ever experienced a tribal walleye spearing event you may feel differently. Electric lights and spearing spawning females in shallow water. Very little regard for nature IMO. All in the name of tribal rights.
    It is a big circus every year concerning the spring spearing in MN and WI. Always turns into a heated confrontation between the natives and sportsmen, sometimes gets violent. It is an agreement in a treaty signed long ago.

  10. #30
    Senior Member Golddogs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shinyhead View Post
    It is a big circus every year concerning the spring spearing in MN and WI. Always turns into a heated confrontation between the natives and sportsmen, sometimes gets violent. It is an agreement in a treaty signed long ago.

    Key word here, LONG AGO. This means pre electric lights and motors on boats. You want to honor a treaty signed in the 1830's, then you harvest accordingly: Canoes and torches.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •