The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Ruby Ridge in waiting

Quote Originally Posted by Socks View Post
    No, a better analogy would be that I rent a apartment from you and you stop using my rent money to pay the heating bills and then I stop paying rent. I then try to put my rent money into an escrow account so I can't get evicted, but you own the bank and wont take the money so that I'm now a "criminal"

HPL's was pretty much spot on, yours makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post

Nah, just hang out the door and shoot 'em in the head with an AR. They use little choppers and AR's on hogs around here frequently. I just suggested the Blackhawk to make it less likely that some of those "Patriots" would take potshots or if they did, return fire would be more effective.
    So you honestly believe that those "patriots" as you derided them as would shoot first? Read up on Ruby ridge where the government shot first and then claimed self defense. Funny how they lost the court case about that. Granted it doesn't help the lady who was shot and killed by a FBI sniper while she held a baby in her arms. Our troops have more stringent rules of engagement in a foreign land fighting a war than our law enforcement does here at home. All they have to claim is a threat and then shoot. On top of that you think it's perfectly acceptable for the government to fire on citizens in a situation that it escalated over cows eating grass on public land. Wow, just wow.
    Joe Dickerson

R.I.P. 4xGMPR HRCH Hunters Marsh Jack Daniels Bubba Jazz MH
    Call Name: JD

So you honestly believe that those "patriots" as you derided them as would shoot first? Read up on Ruby ridge where the government shot first and then claimed self defense. Funny how they lost the court case about that. Granted it doesn't help the lady who was shot and killed by a FBI sniper while she held a baby in her arms. Our troops have more stringent rules of engagement in a foreign land fighting a war than our law enforcement does here at home. All they have to claim is a threat and then shoot. On top of that you think it's perfectly acceptable for the government to fire on citizens in a situation that it escalated over cows eating grass on public land. Wow, just wow.
    Yes I remember it well. They shot the kids dog and when the 11 or 12 year old boy turned to run they shot him in the back. They then shot a mother and killed her holding a 1 year old baby. And the libs here think the government did the right thing. After all it only took a few years for the feds to temp the father to buy a shot gun with a barrel a quarter inch to short. That efn criminal. Can you believe it. He finally gave in and bought the shot gun after lots of tempting by the government.

Funny thing the govenor of Idaho awarded him millions of dollars and told the feds to go f themselves . Is he a criminal to for saying that to the almighty feds.
    Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

The more I read, the more it becomes apparent that the govt. has been showing remarkable restraint for TWENTY FREAKING YEARS!!!! They suffered bold, vague threats from the Bundy family (that's escalation) and then finally moved in to remove the cattle (as the courts indicated that they could). If you call LEGALLY ENFORCING A LEGAL COURT ORDER escalation, then I guess the BLM is guilty of escalation. I call it enforcing the law. Man, some of you should live where you actually have to pay to go on other people's property. This guy got away with stealing from the people of the United States for TWENTY years!! I want my money back plus the court costs and the cost of the roundup (including added security forces), and I want the Bundy family to pay it if it takes every penny they have and they have to sell the quarter section that they actually own.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Socks View Post
    Apparently the feds thought so since they shut down the operation for safety concerns. This is really nothing like Ruby Ridge. The govt was absolutely way over the top at Ruby Ridge.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Yes I remember it well. They shot the kids dog and when the 11 or 12 year old boy turned to run they shot him in the back. They then shot a mother and killed her holding a 1 year old baby. And the libs here think the government did the right thing. After all it only took a few years for the feds to temp the father to buy a shot gun with a barrel a quarter inch to short. That efn criminal. Can you believe it. He finally gave in and bought the shot gun after lots of tempting by the government.

Funny thing the govenor of Idaho awarded him millions of dollars and told the feds to go f themselves . Is he a criminal to for saying that to the almighty feds.
    Pete
    I'd like to see a citation on that as what I have read states that the Feds paid Randy Weaver $100,000.00 and the daughters one million each. No mention of the Idaho Governor at all.
    (John Dewey)

(George Washington)

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    When you said "Downers" I thought you were talking about drugs!!!!

Sell em to China or South America.
    Sorry, that won't fly either. If they are not ambulatory, they cannot be processed in a facility where you export product to foreign lands. They are down before they get to the facility, or even in the holding pens, at the facility, cannot be processed for comsumption. Total waste of good beef to kill them before they get to the processor.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    & the amazing thing about that was the cow had several stops along the way to the slaughterhouse but they were able
    to track the herd she came from & her records. But can't seem to find illegal immigrants of those who overstay their
    visas.
    That is because the cattle have paperwork that is traceable, and the illegal immigrants, don't have any documentation. Kinda hard to trace something or someone, if there is not records to review.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    I am pretty sure this is true but can't find the court cases
    You need a subscription to the Public Access to Court Electronic Reports or PACER. I've only looked at the order(not the rest of the filings) in the most recent case (1998) but it pretty clearly states that Bundy owes a huge sum of money and has to vacate the land. Of course, this doesn't tell us why the BLM took 15 years to decide to enforce the order. Dunno.

With Bundy's argument that he doesn't believe in the Federal gov't, I wonder that the IRS hasn't landed on him.

Under the Taylor Grazing Act, the per acre income is shared between the Federal treasury and the State of Nevada.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

The more I read about it the more I see tht the feds HAVE BEED HIDING THERE TRUE INTENT for 20 years
    Give me a frickn break. YEA the government and agents of the federal researve re patient and compassionate.
    There is something wrong with people who believe that. There is a word for it but I can't remember what its clled
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus