The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Ruby Ridge in waiting

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    This has been a funny thread to follow. You all have squared off……some "adamantly"……I don't know the answers here but….. I work daily with BLM and ranchers. I have numerous BLM leases, I am always a 'secondary' lease holder, always to ranchers. Most ranchers are great but some are total arses……I don't know whether Bundy is rightfully standing his ground or a complete arse. What I do know is that if I or any rancher I know is late on lease payments….BLM prepares to seize assets in a heartbeat……not 20 years. As Roadkill said…….there are some major 'fragrancy' issues here. Something I REALLY don't like however is this….my son served in the Middle East and "Rules of Engagement" were a daumn sight tougher on him then what 'apparently' are placed on BLM towards US citizens. It would come as no surprise to me if Buzz's response to that statement would be "'yabut'….these ARE teabaggers we're dealing with here"
    Did you watch this interview?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/nevad...-feds-23234265

Did you see how Bundy's son with a smirk proudly states that he knows why they came with such force displayed? He says it is because we have repeatedly stated that we will do whatever it takes, but we've never defined what that is. So they are scared.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Yep and why is just these few acres that are suddenly of sufficient importance to merit the deployment of upwards of 200 armed troops and multiple helicopters? Who is keeping and eye on the other 245 MILLION acres?

Smell like rat to me too regards

Bubba
    Ya but: Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Situations like this are a law mans worst nightmare. Lost a good friend of the families while responding to a domestic to a guy he knew. Any armed fringe element would scare the be-jeebers out of me and I am certain it weighs heavily on all law enforcement.
    This will be interesting to follow.
    Never trust a dog to watch your food!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    I would bet you a nut that any one of my wore out cowboy Uncles could have all the cattle happily marching into trucks and on the way to market by the end of the week. Bubba
    That's the sad part…..most folks don't even know that there are people in that business. BLM, USDA Forest Service, etc hire them all the time to move trespassing and feral cattle and move them to market……they are paid by the head for anything brought in. The guys aren't too popular in some circles but it begs the question……why the Battalion.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/nevad...-feds-23234265

Did you see how Bundy's son with a smirk proudly states that he knows why they came with such force displayed? He says it is because we have repeatedly stated that we will do whatever it takes, but we've never defined what that is. So they are scared.
    We saw what was actually done to Daniel Pearl!!! Has the rancher even displayed this type of behavior. "Just Words". Still, as dback says, the "Rules for Engagement" are appearing to be lowered for our citizens.

First Solar is moving out of Toledo. This may be the company which they are trying to link with Reid.

The rancher should just make a quick trip to California, in one of cattle trucks, and pick up a load of illegals. He will be fine because the government doesn't want to make LA RAZA mad.
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 04-15-2014 at 02:22 PM.

I did Buzz……the guy strikes me as a moron with a mouth frankly. I have a son who arrests clowns like that every night…..some with baggy pants, some with gold capped teeth and some with the Virgin of Guadalupe tattooed on their back……..all without "backup"………this one just happens to have a black stetson. As Bubba said……Pretty sure some 'wily' ole deputy could have (and probably should have) handled this 19.6 years ago.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."

One wonders why the government can't put up this kind of war on the growers of "weed" in the remote government lands.

Having had a USDA license back when we bred and sold dogs I can tell you all that suddenly regs can change and you can be written up for stuff that does not make any sense what-so-ever.......nails on empty pen in empty building written up once. I don't know the whole story on Mr. Bundy's fight and I doubt anyone else does either. Why did he suddenly decide to stop paying the Feds. Having watched while judges made stupid decisions in court cases I can tell you that cuts no ice as far as I can see in what is "right".
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Last time I saw this many of the BLM military arm is when some one shot and killed a feral burro on BLM land.....one of the 40,000 feral equine that roam freely on Fed land.

Seems the local I-Team did a little investigation into the Bundy family background. It appears that Cliven's claims are BS. Big surprise there.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/253015...under-scrutiny
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Seems the local I-Team did a little investigation into the Bundy family background. It appears that Cliven's claims are BS. Big surprise there.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/253015...under-scrutiny
    In that case the federal government has been fully justified to shoot cattle and destroy personal property.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    In that case the federal government has been fully justified to shoot cattle and destroy personal property.
    I believe that Judge Napolitano expressed that the govt had legal means to action using the courts. It might take a while to collect their million in fees and penalties, but the govt went "over the top" with 200 guys and heavy armament.

Govt ended up making it a cause celebre by using strong-arm tactics for a matter that could have used civil options. Their action then became not as much a matter of Bundy's wrongdoing as it became a matter of the govt being a bully.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.