The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Another Ruby Ridge in waiting

Anybody bother to read the history of this dispute? I suggested you look at newspaper accounts and draw your own conclusions. Do I need to hold your hand and post links? There are so many. Just find the one that supports your view and ignore the others. It's what we always do.....
    I got no dog in this fight, but Bundy is not in a win-win position.

"nuff said regards" JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Anybody bother to read the history of this dispute? I suggested you look at newspaper accounts and draw your own conclusions. Do I need to hold your hand and post links? There are so many. Just find the one that supports your view and ignore the others. It's what we always do.....
    I got no dog in this fight, but Bundy is not in a win-win position.

"nuff said regards" JD
    Thanks, my conclusion is the feds are being heavy handed when they pull weapons on someone who is unarmed.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    Thanks, my conclusion is the feds are being heavy handed when they pull weapons on someone who is unarmed.
    OK, I'll hold your hand,
    http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/arc...razing-rights/

Bundy has threatened a 'Range War'. Did you really expect that to be taken lightly? The arrested son was given a sandwich and released. He (Bundy) owns a 160 acre section. His family has run cattle on that land in question before it came under the perview of BLM. It was Indian land before. respect the rule of law...

http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/arc...-on-range-war/

We can all find more.....JD

But if Mr Bundy and his supporters take it on themselves to continue to oppose and take arms.....
    Last edited by JDogger; 04-08-2014 at 08:30 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

It appears to me that there are at least two separate issues here: 1. Does the fellow own the land or is he grazing on BLM land (which belongs to us), and 2. how can the govt designate areas where one's rights are suspended ( or more precisely areas where one can exercise one's rights)? If the land is BLM land, then Mr Bundy really has no right to use it unless he adheres to the rules and regulations of the BLM, including paying any fees and accommodating any special strictures imposed due to changing range conditions, changing goals of the BLM, or the presence of endangered species. As to the second question, I find that attitude by the govt very disturbing. I don't like govt high handedness. I don't like bureaucratic bullying and believe that it should be resisted whenever encountered.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

I don't see them tortoises paying any fees to roam the land.

This land is my land, for you and me. lets see I can eat a steer, how much meat on a tortoise?

Gotta love the Feds ..they want every last penny for their corrupt enterprises.

Yet Monsanto is allowed to do what they do with Roundup ready seeds. If it don't help corporate America, it must be bad.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

i have elk, deer, antelope and turkey that wander my land in NM and the adjacent state and BLM land that my family hunted a 100 years ago. I expect that the game on that land is mine, in season or not because that is the way it always was.

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    It appears to me that there are at least two separate issues here: 1. Does the fellow own the land or is he grazing on BLM land (which belongs to us), and 2. how can the govt designate areas where one's rights are suspended ( or more precisely areas where one can exercise one's rights)? If the land is BLM land, then Mr Bundy really has no right to use it unless he adheres to the rules and regulations of the BLM, including paying any fees and accommodating any special strictures imposed due to changing range conditions, changing goals of the BLM, or the presence of endangered species. As to the second question, I find that attitude by the govt very disturbing. I don't like govt high handedness. I don't like bureaucratic bullying and believe that it should be resisted whenever encountered.
    There are two issues here. You are very correct as far as I am concerned. I can't say if Mr. Bundy is correct or the feds are but the feds are taking in way too much territory in this case ( # 2 in your post ). They are riding rough shod over everyone when they start telling anyone where they have rights and where they don't have rights.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    i have elk, deer, antelope and turkey that wander my land in NM and the adjacent state and BLM land that my family hunted a 100 years ago. I expect that the game on that land is mine, in season or not because that is the way it always was.
    Very funny. Native Americans ( in most cases ) do not hunt out of season etc. Apples and oranges.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    There are two issues here. You are very correct as far as I am concerned. I can't say if Mr. Bundy is correct or the feds are but the feds are taking in way too much territory in this case ( # 2 in your post ). They are riding rough shod over everyone when they start telling anyone where they have rights and where they don't have rights.
    No, Charly. You are wrong. Sorry.

Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)