The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 236

Thread: Another Ruby Ridge in waiting

  1. #11
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Anybody bother to read the history of this dispute? I suggested you look at newspaper accounts and draw your own conclusions. Do I need to hold your hand and post links? There are so many. Just find the one that supports your view and ignore the others. It's what we always do.....
    I got no dog in this fight, but Bundy is not in a win-win position.

    "nuff said regards" JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Linden, VA
    Posts
    1,524

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Anybody bother to read the history of this dispute? I suggested you look at newspaper accounts and draw your own conclusions. Do I need to hold your hand and post links? There are so many. Just find the one that supports your view and ignore the others. It's what we always do.....
    I got no dog in this fight, but Bundy is not in a win-win position.

    "nuff said regards" JD
    Thanks, my conclusion is the feds are being heavy handed when they pull weapons on someone who is unarmed.
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

  3. #13
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freezeland View Post
    Thanks, my conclusion is the feds are being heavy handed when they pull weapons on someone who is unarmed.
    OK, I'll hold your hand,
    http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/arc...razing-rights/

    Bundy has threatened a 'Range War'. Did you really expect that to be taken lightly? The arrested son was given a sandwich and released. He (Bundy) owns a 160 acre section. His family has run cattle on that land in question before it came under the perview of BLM. It was Indian land before. respect the rule of law...

    http://www.stgeorgeutah.com/news/arc...-on-range-war/

    We can all find more.....JD

    But if Mr Bundy and his supporters take it on themselves to continue to oppose and take arms.....
    Last edited by JDogger; 04-08-2014 at 08:30 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  4. #14
    Senior Member HPL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Coastal Bend of Texas
    Posts
    2,867

    Default

    It appears to me that there are at least two separate issues here: 1. Does the fellow own the land or is he grazing on BLM land (which belongs to us), and 2. how can the govt designate areas where one's rights are suspended ( or more precisely areas where one can exercise one's rights)? If the land is BLM land, then Mr Bundy really has no right to use it unless he adheres to the rules and regulations of the BLM, including paying any fees and accommodating any special strictures imposed due to changing range conditions, changing goals of the BLM, or the presence of endangered species. As to the second question, I find that attitude by the govt very disturbing. I don't like govt high handedness. I don't like bureaucratic bullying and believe that it should be resisted whenever encountered.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

    Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

    Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

    www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

  5. #15
    Senior Member .44 magnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,321

    Default

    I don't see them tortoises paying any fees to roam the land.

    This land is my land, for you and me. lets see I can eat a steer, how much meat on a tortoise?

    Gotta love the Feds ..they want every last penny for their corrupt enterprises.

    Yet Monsanto is allowed to do what they do with Roundup ready seeds. If it don't help corporate America, it must be bad.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith



  6. #16
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    i have elk, deer, antelope and turkey that wander my land in NM and the adjacent state and BLM land that my family hunted a 100 years ago. I expect that the game on that land is mine, in season or not because that is the way it always was.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    It appears to me that there are at least two separate issues here: 1. Does the fellow own the land or is he grazing on BLM land (which belongs to us), and 2. how can the govt designate areas where one's rights are suspended ( or more precisely areas where one can exercise one's rights)? If the land is BLM land, then Mr Bundy really has no right to use it unless he adheres to the rules and regulations of the BLM, including paying any fees and accommodating any special strictures imposed due to changing range conditions, changing goals of the BLM, or the presence of endangered species. As to the second question, I find that attitude by the govt very disturbing. I don't like govt high handedness. I don't like bureaucratic bullying and believe that it should be resisted whenever encountered.
    There are two issues here. You are very correct as far as I am concerned. I can't say if Mr. Bundy is correct or the feds are but the feds are taking in way too much territory in this case ( # 2 in your post ). They are riding rough shod over everyone when they start telling anyone where they have rights and where they don't have rights.
    charly

    There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    N.E. Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    i have elk, deer, antelope and turkey that wander my land in NM and the adjacent state and BLM land that my family hunted a 100 years ago. I expect that the game on that land is mine, in season or not because that is the way it always was.
    Very funny. Native Americans ( in most cases ) do not hunt out of season etc. Apples and oranges.
    charly

    There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

  9. #19
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    There are two issues here. You are very correct as far as I am concerned. I can't say if Mr. Bundy is correct or the feds are but the feds are taking in way too much territory in this case ( # 2 in your post ). They are riding rough shod over everyone when they start telling anyone where they have rights and where they don't have rights.
    No, Charly. You are wrong. Sorry.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Linden, VA
    Posts
    1,524
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •