The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Another Ruby Ridge in waiting

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Bundy is in violation of the law.
    He is also somewhat ignorant and politically incorrect.

Does this give the Feds the right (in retrospect, since his racism was not widely known) to bully him with an absolute abuse of power?

BTW---can anyone tell me why the Feds need so much land?????
    Great post. Very clear and to the point. Besides it's correct

Can't answer your question though.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    I was thinking the founders intended the every inch of the entire country to be a "1st Am zone"
    You are right about that, but BLM had other ideas on that. BLM didn't like what was being said so they roped everyone off and told em tell it to a cactus. LOL
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Bundy is in violation of the law.
    He is also somewhat ignorant and politically incorrect.

Does this give the Feds the right (in retrospect, since his racism was not widely known) to bully him with an absolute abuse of power?

BTW---can anyone tell me why the Feds need so much land?????
    I think that the salient point here is that Bundy is a poor choice to nominate for American Hero. Not real bright, clearly operating outside the law, and now, a known bigot.

As to the Feds owning lots of land, what I have read indicates that the reason there is so much in Arizona is because the Feds couldn't give it away back in the homestead days.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Back in my younger days, I was known to occasionally pull some stunt that I thought was extremely funny although the local LE did not share my sense of humor. I can assure you, I was never given 20+ years to comply.

Up against the wall, regards,

JS
    “Don’t wave your phony patriotism in MY face! If you really love America, open your wallet and hire an American kid to build what you buy. Think of all our problems that might solve.” Doug Fraser (paraphrased) 1980

Real Americans buy American.

Snowshoe's All American Guy SH, UDX, WCX ... CODY ... at the bridge
    CH. Snowshoe's Girl Crazy MH, UD, WCX, SDHF, OS ... PRESLEY
    ... at the bridge
    Millpond's Baby Boomer MH*** ... BABE
    Snowshoe's Crazy For Lovin You SH ... NELSON

Quote Originally Posted by HPL View Post
    I think that the salient point here is that Bundy is a poor choice to nominate for American Hero. Not real bright, clearly operating outside the law, and now, a known bigot.

As to the Feds owning lots of land, what I have read indicates that the reason there is so much in Arizona is because the Feds couldn't give it away back in the homestead days.
    Your last sentence.............it was not in Ariz. but in New Mexico that my paternal Grandmother's sister and her family went for "free land". They almost starved to death while they lived there. The husband died and this lady and her children came back to Okla. ( by horse and wagon ). They used cow chips for fuel when they cooked on the way back to Okla. on most of that trip. Most of the way there was nothing in the way of wood to burn. More government "goofs". Offering free land to farm when it wouldn't grow much but a few cactus plants.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Ron Paul warned about arming the BLM in a US House floor speech in 1997, saying, "the gun in the hands of law-abiding citizens serves to hold in check arrogant and aggressive government. Guns in the hands of the bureaucrats do the opposite."
    Watch another ahead of its time Ron Paul speech at the link!
    Ron Paul Rewind: A Warning Against Arming the BLM...in 1997!
    http://tinyurl.com/km5rehp
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson