The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: What don't gun grabbers understand

  1. #11
    Senior Member .44 magnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    How would tags infringe on your rights?
    All these initiatives add to the cost and effectiveness of guns. Guns are a very simple tool. All these safety devices get put on the cost of every gun. It is a side stepping way to limit my Constitutional right to own guns.

    Yes murders happen, so do auto accidents. Close to 40,000. humans die each year in car accidents. You do not see anyone wanting to ban cars. A man gets behind the wheel intoxicated and he kills someone, no one mentions his car caused the killing.

    The logic of gun control is flawed. If not a gun, an insane mind will use a knife as happened today in Pittsburgh.
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...#axzz2yPMxr1o0

    Each and every citizen has around them ways to murder without a gun. Once everyones guns are confiscated those wishing to do evil deeds will just use another method. Guns are all about defense and providing a way to hunt. This democratic leadership are elitist and feel what they believe is above the Constitution.

    I will never understand why any American would hand over a Right earned by the blood spilled by our forefathers. It is your choice to have a gun or not. Let me decide what is right for me. Do not infringe that right Mr. Holder. You of all people in your position as Attorney General should be protecting our Constitutional Rights. Put your personal beliefs aside and Protect and defend Americans second amendment.
    Last edited by .44 magnum; 04-09-2014 at 11:56 AM.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith



  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    All these initiatives add to the cost and effectiveness of guns. Guns are a very simple tool. All these safety devices get put on the cost of every gun. It is a side stepping way to limit my Constitutional right to own guns.

    Yes murders happen, so do auto accidents. Close to 40,000. humans die each year in car accidents. You do not see anyone wanting to ban cars. A man gets behind the wheel intoxicated and he kills someone, no one mentions his car caused the killing.

    The logic of gun control is flawed. If not a gun, an insane mind will use a knife as happened today in Pittsburgh.
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...#axzz2yPMxr1o0

    Each and every citizen has around them ways to murder without a gun. Once everyones guns are confiscated those wishing to do evil deeds will just use another method. Guns are all about defense and providing a way to hunt. This democratic leadership are elitist and feel what they believe is above the Constitution.

    I will never understand why any American would hand over a Right earned by the blood spilled by our forefathers. It is your choice to have a gun or not. Let me decide what is right for me. Do not infringe that right Mr. Holder. You of all people in your position as Attorney General should be protecting our Constitutional Rights. Put your personal beliefs aside and Protect and defend Americans second amendment.
    Well put .44

  3. #13
    Senior Member Henlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    All these initiatives add to the cost and effectiveness of guns. Guns are a very simple tool. All these safety devices get put on the cost of every gun. It is a side stepping way to limit my Constitutional right to own guns.

    Yes murders happen, so do auto accidents. Close to 40,000. humans die each year in car accidents. You do not see anyone wanting to ban cars. A man gets behind the wheel intoxicated and he kills someone, no one mentions his car caused the killing.

    The logic of gun control is flawed. If not a gun, an insane mind will use a knife as happened today in Pittsburgh.
    http://www.latimes.com/nation/nation...#axzz2yPMxr1o0

    Each and every citizen has around them ways to murder without a gun. Once everyones guns are confiscated those wishing to do evil deeds will just use another method. Guns are all about defense and providing a way to hunt. This democratic leadership are elitist and feel what they believe is above the Constitution.

    I will never understand why any American would hand over a Right earned by the blood spilled by our forefathers. It is your choice to have a gun or not. Let me decide what is right for me. Do not infringe that right Mr. Holder. You of all people in your position as Attorney General should be protecting our Constitutional Rights. Put your personal beliefs aside and Protect and defend Americans second amendment.
    I am a believer in the second amendment also, to a degree I am playing devils advocate also on account that I believe the technology ought to be developed for people who want to use it, but not necessarily mandatory.

    That said however simple safety regulations I do not believe are an infringement on the second amendment. A device that cost less than a dollar to prevent a pistol from discharging while a magazine was not loaded would have prevented a lot of accidental deaths and is not to heavy of burden for the consumer. Truth be told almost every other industry has these regulations to follow. Cars are required to have seatbelts, safety glass, airbags and in the near future rear cameras. If you want to discuss micro stamping, which would add hundreds to the cost of a gun then I would agree with you.

    There is a large grey area here, where sensibility does not clash with individual rights, but the fear of what anti-gunners will do next obscures it.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

  4. #14
    Senior Member IowaBayDog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Salem, Oregon
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post

    Basically, the LP states that law abiding citizens should not be subject to any gun laws! The Repub Party stance is way too political.
    They are a Political organization. They addressed all the current political issues around the 2nd amendment. That's what they do, criticizing them for being too political is like criticizing a dairy cow for being too "milky". Though I like the LP simplified stance there is essentially no difference in the two quotes other than one gives a little more detail on current events.
    ________________________________
    Dan Cram
    Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

  5. #15
    Senior Member .44 magnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I am a believer in the second amendment also, to a degree I am playing devils advocate also on account that I believe the technology ought to be developed for people who want to use it, but not necessarily mandatory.

    That said however simple safety regulations I do not believe are an infringement on the second amendment. A device that cost less than a dollar to prevent a pistol from discharging while a magazine was not loaded would have prevented a lot of accidental deaths and is not to heavy of burden for the consumer. Truth be told almost every other industry has these regulations to follow. Cars are required to have seatbelts, safety glass, airbags and in the near future rear cameras. If you want to discuss micro stamping, which would add hundreds to the cost of a gun then I would agree with you.

    There is a large grey area here, where sensibility does not clash with individual rights, but the fear of what anti-gunners will do next obscures it.
    Safety devices have been available for decades if you wished them installed on your gun. One being a special key which the owner had to be wearing to fire the gun. I too have no issue with safety. But I do not want the Government to dictate what I should have.

    Make no mistake about the intent of using a gun. It is lethal force. One does not shoot to wound. You shoot to kill. I want my gun free of any device which takes extra time to protect my life and family. All these laws do is make it harder for citizens to protect themselves. The bad guys to not care about laws.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith



  6. #16
    Senior Member Henlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    Safety devices have been available for decades if you wished them installed on your gun. One being a special key which the owner had to be wearing to fire the gun. I too have no issue with safety. But I do not want the Government to dictate what I should have.

    Make no mistake about the intent of using a gun. It is lethal force. One does not shoot to wound. You shoot to kill. I want my gun free of any device which takes extra time to protect my life and family. All these laws do is make it harder for citizens to protect themselves. The bad guys to not care about laws.
    Looking at your argument better, I do not believe that we are in disagreement about a single thing. Especially lethal force, if you are not willing to put two in the chest, buy pepper spray.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •