The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: VT Bill

Default VT Bill

From Fox News:
    A bill that passed the Vermont House without controversy is now in doubt after gun-rights advocates exposed provisions allowing police to take guns during domestic disputes.

"It's a highly illegal confiscation bill," Gun Owners of Vermont president Ed Cutler told Vermont Watchdog.
    "H.735 is a forfeiture bill that tells police if a person gets a temporary restraining order, they have to come into the house and take all weapons -- not just firearms, but all weapons."

At first glance H.735 appears to propose fee updates on mundane items -- from lottery ticket sales to license renewals. Yet tucked away in the bill are provisions for the storage of firearms confiscated during domestic disputes. Gov. Peter Shumlin requested the gun-related provisions in October.
    Wonder what they will consider weapons? Golf clubs, all kitchen knives, scissors, an axe used for chopping wood, gardening tools, baseball bats?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

How about clod feet (?) shoes , etc. or the woman on trial now for killing her husband w/her stiletto heeled shoe. They are now relentless but still do not want to deal w/mental illness ala Newtown, CT. and elsewhere.

A lady, which works for me, had her partner's meds get out of balance. Thus she flipped out and she called the emergency squad. A policeman asked, "Do you have a firearm?" Which she replied, "yes for home protection." She was informed, because there was now considered a mentally deranged individual living in your home, no ambulance or fire calls would be made until she proved the gun was no longer in the home. She had to turn it into the police department. Now, her definition of a med problem and flipping out is referring to a insulation issue for a diabetic. Thus her partner was going into diabetic shock and she is now fine.
    Last edited by Dan Storts; 04-08-2014 at 12:02 PM.

I know of one state that has this law.. a gun grabber state. The lawyers make out well when these laws get passed.

I got one story a friend told me. One of his friends had the cops confiscate his gun collection for a domestic. When his friend finally through legal action got his guns back they were ruined because the police department stored them in a wet basement.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Would certain medications fall into the "weapons" category ? It would seem to me that they would.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    From Fox News:

Wonder what they will consider weapons? Golf clubs, all kitchen knives, scissors, an axe used for chopping wood, gardening tools, baseball bats?
    Add knitting needles
    Southland Dixe's Hunter Boy, JH (Hunter)
    Triple J's Hotta Habanera Mo Betta, (Mo)
    Freezeland's Carbon Squared, (CC)

Update- stiletto shoe killer judged guilty/sentencing awaiting/boyfriend not husband...another woman judged guilty yesterday for killing husband w/hammer...