The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Raffle for our church Ideas?? GDG

Default Raffle for our church Ideas?? GDG

Im trying to help wife get raffle items for or church raffle, bake sale and our garage sale. Been trying to get some of my vendors to donate. Its for our parking lot fund and Womens Missionary Babtist .
    Small church but growing fast ,Any Ideas
    Mostly country folks ,Thanks, Brad

When we did this we went to the local car dealer, tractor dealer and local merchants in the area. They were really good with donations to raffle off.
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83047
    HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI
    Metras's Hashtag Mickey
    http://www.huntinglabpedigree.com/pedigree.asp?id=83051

"Knowing how important right timing is in accomplishing right actions"
    Uncle Ray

Don't know if this would work for your church, but I've seen churches and schools in my area raffle off a prime parking spot for services for a year. In some cases the winner gets a reserved sign with their name on it. It has no intrinsic value so the church gets it all (except if they get a sign). Could work especially if the fund raising is for a parking lot!
    Randall

HRCH Truline's Cleopatra MH (Cleo)

Prime Time Rising Star MH ***(Emmy)
    Wyco's Lena-Linda con Besos SH (Lena)
    HRCH Surry's Smoking Gun SH (Sage) RIP

Licking Run's Blackberry Jam MH (Berry) RIP

Brad: how about a fishing or hunting excursion, surely someone has a boat and either knows Lake Fork well or can find the hybrids on Tawakoni...maybe someone has a great dove lease and is willing to take someone opening day...my pastor keeps hinting that he wants to go elk hunting with me, but its not that easy to draw a tag and he likes to hunt with a boom stick whereas I hunt with a stick and string

Are there any other services that church members can donate: contractors, handymen,wood cutting, brushog or clearing services...How about getting the teens to donate babysitting time
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

The most popular things to raffle at our church are usually guns. True story.

The other thing you might consider is services. Like is someone is handy... they might raffle their time to go work on someone's house for an hour or so.

Great ideas folks. Ive got free oil changes to donate,maybe some power tools, grills and other items

I won the services of a painter at an event last year. Local painter offered their services to come in and move furniture, paint two rooms, and move furniture back. Made the wife happy and I didn't have to paint. Win win!!! Maybe you have someone local or a member of the church willing to offer their services.

You need to get a paving contractor to join the congregation. Lots of good suggestions for raffle items. I see ya'll are Baptist. Probably rules out hitting up the local liquor stores for items. A good wine or some specialty spirits usually go well in the raffle at our local Quail Coalition banquet.

Churches around here are always barbecuing half chickens for fund raisers. Served with a dollop of beans & potato salad or rice, they go over well.
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

We typically do some sort of cooking. Fry turkeys around thanksgiving, smoke pork butts, something that takes a good amount of effort that people would rather buy than do. It has worked very well for us. If you are in an area where hunting/fishing is big then those bring big money at times. And I've found that many sporting goods stores are very quick to help out a church.

Quote Originally Posted by augunner View Post
    We typically do some sort of cooking. Fry turkeys around thanksgiving, smoke pork butts, something that takes a good amount of effort that people would rather buy than do. It has worked very well for us. If you are in an area where hunting/fishing is big then those bring big money at times. And I've found that many sporting goods stores are very quick to help out a church.
    Another good ideal. I lltry some of the local stores close by in Arp. The lake is a about 60 seconds from the church.
    My HVAC guy is donating 2 maintenence coupons.
    We are having a garage sale, bake good sale, raffle, Consesion stand and other stuff.
    Shoot even asking feed stores might be good.
    Thanks Folks