The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pup gives no reaction to e-collar

I have a female that only blinks with presure. Once I turned it up and she bolted with a blink.
    If your in Tyler call me or come to some of our meetings. I cant give advise but may can get you some.

If you have a friend with an ecollar borrow his for a session. Also keep the other dog out of it. I think you have a malfunctioning collar. Put collar on your hand and have someone you trust walk off 100 yd and push the button.
    Wayne
    Superman was from the planet kripton. There was an element there that would bring him to his knee's. it was called kriptonite, By taping a piece of it to the tail of this dog ,,I was thinking it would weaken him enough so that he would feel the electirc. I was making a funny.
    pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Wayne
    Superman was from the planet kripton. There was an element there that would bring him to his knee's. it was called kriptonite, By taping a piece of it to the tail of this dog ,,I was thinking it would weaken him enough so that he would feel the electirc. I was making a funny.
    pete
    Pete: I think Wayne was pointing out the misspelled word of kriptonite... i.e. Krypton and Kryptonite. Just FYI. If we drew a ComicCon crowd in RTF they would probably be all up in arms.

Pete, I knew what you meant. I was just teasing back about kryptonite
    Wayne Nutt
    Go Nutts with dog training

HRCH Patton's Parker Co. Shadow "Shadow"
    HRCH Clineline Hijacker "Jack"
    HRCH Marks a Lot Midnight Hudson, SH "Hudson"-retired
    Castile Creek's Rawhide, SH "Rowdy"

You say tomoto ,,I say tomato,,, he-he-he I'm done digging now.

Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Where can I find more info about the Lex Luthor training program?
    Jim

Another trick to make sure you're making good contact to the skin is to shave a small patch of fur off where the prongs would go. I personally like the collar on the back of the neck high up so the strap is right below the ears. Next location would be right behind the ear. JMO

Even though it sounds like your collar is working, if the change of location and/or shaving didn't help, I would try a different collar.

I had a dog that would get excited and swell her neck up when I first put on the collar, like a horse does with a cinch on a saddle. I would have to check it a minute or two later to make sure it was on tight.
    Mike Rose

Borrow someone else collar and try her. Don't keep trying 127. That is very high! Something is amiss. Like someone said get some help! IMO
    HRCH Scaupgetters Tarnation QAA

HR Blackie 2 CGN, WCI

Metras's Hashtag Mickey