RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Iams, Eukenaba, and Natura brands

5K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Cowtown 
#1 ·
Proctor & Gamble sells to Mars.

#2 ·
I saw that. Interesting. They were apparently close to a sale to Del Monte last year. I guess Mars ponied up to solidify its position at #2 behind Nestle.

Funny how now something like 95% of the pet food market will be concentrated in two candy companies.

#5 ·
P&G squeezed all the profit they could, time to move on. Look for Mars to continue on running down the brands and find ways to recover the cost of purchase. It will not be pretty.

#7 ·
If you really like to feed premium food, recently Farmina from Italy was just introduced to North America. It is even superior to Champion products. I've never used a food this good until last week. Will not know how that translates to hunting accomplishments in the future, but it smells like a human cooked meal.

Non of the ingredients are even close to being GMO or the animals used in the products. 95 % of the protein in the food is from animal. The cost at least what I can buy is less expensive then Champion products and the ingredients are superior.

#9 ·
I switched my Sadie over to Blue Buffalo grain-free a few months ago and, although it really is expensive, she has responded very well to it up to this point. Those of you familiar with my girl and her history know how prone to allergies she is, but this brand seems to be working for us...lots of energy, hair growing back where it should, "happy," and acting like a two year old instead of 9-1/2! Having said all that, it'll probably all go to hell in a handbasket. :)

#19 ·
I have three dogs on Farmina N&D Chicken Grain Free. A Bracco, Small Munsterlander and a Lab. My local store has it for special order. I have used most of the higher protein foods and this one is completely superior. Small dark poops, no gas and the kibble size is perfect for larger dogs. I was using a Champion product and really wasn't happy because of the crapping during exercise, I suspect due to the high fiber and all the beans in the food now.

My buddy is a member of this forum and he told me there was a small discussion of the food. He took some of mine and his dogs are refusing to eat Pro Plan when he mixes it.

#20 ·
I would love to order some samples to try. I think I must be a bit dense, because on the Facebook page link, I could read about the samples but could find nowhere to actually order some samples. Any hints from those of you that ordered, where on the Facebook page I can order some? Thanks

#21 ·
I am not a facebooker often, got mine by using the contact page on Farmina USA. I believe Farmina USA facebook page has a message box under the big picture. Maybe ask how to get samples using the message feature. Do be prepared that once your dog eats this food it will never be the same again. Almost all of the commercial diets we have available do not smell as good as Farmina. These diets smell good enough for human consumption. Your dog has never ever eaten a food like Farmina.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.