The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Iams, Eukenaba, and Natura brands

Default Iams, Eukenaba, and Natura brands

Proctor & Gamble sells to Mars.

I saw that. Interesting. They were apparently close to a sale to Del Monte last year. I guess Mars ponied up to solidify its position at #2 behind Nestle.

Funny how now something like 95% of the pet food market will be concentrated in two candy companies.

Interesting. Maybe we picked a good time to switch from Euk.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Big companies get bigger I suppose.

P&G squeezed all the profit they could, time to move on. Look for Mars to continue on running down the brands and find ways to recover the cost of purchase. It will not be pretty.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

I was an EVO fan until P&G took over, but stuck with it even through the recalls. Finally switched to Orijen recently and now I'm especially glad I did with Mars taking over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Henion View Post
    I was an EVO fan until P&G took over, but stuck with it even through the recalls. Finally switched to Orijen recently and now I'm especially glad I did with Mars taking over.
    If you really like to feed premium food, recently Farmina from Italy was just introduced to North America. It is even superior to Champion products. I've never used a food this good until last week. Will not know how that translates to hunting accomplishments in the future, but it smells like a human cooked meal.

Non of the ingredients are even close to being GMO or the animals used in the products. 95 % of the protein in the food is from animal. The cost at least what I can buy is less expensive then Champion products and the ingredients are superior.
    I like one-shot kills where possible and prefer to do all my hunting before I shoot. ..... Elmer Keith

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    If you really like to feed premium food, recently Farmina from Italy was just introduced to North America. It is even superior to Champion products. I've never used a food this good until last week. Will not know how that translates to hunting accomplishments in the future, but it smells like a human cooked meal.

Non of the ingredients are even close to being GMO or the animals used in the products. 95 % of the protein in the food is from animal. The cost at least what I can buy is less expensive then Champion products and the ingredients are superior.
    Interesting! So you are moving off Dr. Tims? I like what I read about their foods. Which one specifically are you using? Also I couldn't find the Protein/Fat %'s.

I switched my Sadie over to Blue Buffalo grain-free a few months ago and, although it really is expensive, she has responded very well to it up to this point. Those of you familiar with my girl and her history know how prone to allergies she is, but this brand seems to be working for us...lots of energy, hair growing back where it should, "happy," and acting like a two year old instead of 9-1/2! Having said all that, it'll probably all go to hell in a handbasket.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtown View Post
    Interesting! So you are moving off Dr. Tims? I like what I read about their foods. Which one specifically are you using? Also I couldn't find the Protein/Fat %'s.
    While I love Dr. Tim and his products my YLM has some issues with chicken. When Dr. Tim comes out with other protein diets I'd use again in a heartbeat. It's rocket fuel.

Farmina is selling two lines in America, a grain free line with 37 % protein, 18% fat in a Lamb, a Chicken , Herring , and a Wild Boar
    http://usa.farmina.com/?q=content/li...in-free-canine

The other line uses ancestral grains and are 30-20 diets. All GMO and gluten free
    http://usa.farmina.com/?q=content/li...w-grain-canine

Farmina uses a very slow cooking method which makes it very digestible . Each kibble piece is crunched by your dog as the kibble is large like it was 30 years ago. They use vacuum infusion to add the Vitamins and Fats which draws it into the kibble piece rather then just spraying as American companies do, That is after cooking so the Vitamins are long lasting not being exposed to heat.

But the ingredient sourcing is what is attractive to me as a pet parent. North America has become almost entirely GMO in feeding of farm animals. I suspect that is why so many dogs and cats are sick today. Also all the Pet food companies are tricking everyone with Yeast Culture and Peas because they jump the protein level without meat inclusion.

Like I said, I am only into the food a week, but my boy goes nuts for this food. It does smell like a home cooked meal. Time will tell on how it helps performance and endurance. The company also has a staff of Veterinarians and Phd's as it is not a small company like a Champion who has none. Farmina is a big pet Food producer in Europe. If you want samples go to the USA Farmina Facebook page, or on those links and use the contact. The samples are large compared to what other companies give you.

for Samples ...
    https://www.facebook.com/FarminaUSA
    Last edited by .44 magnum; 04-10-2014 at 11:00 AM.