The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Term??

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    S Head, what part of the difference between husband-wife and father-son don't you understand?z
    What part of the Constitution don't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    What part of the Constitution don't you understand?
    Please do enlighten me. First, what part of the Constitution don't I understand. Second, I was pointing out the difference in the relationship between husband/wife and father/son.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Please do enlighten me. First, what part of the Constitution don't I understand. Second, I was pointing out the difference in the relationship between husband/wife and father/son.
    Apparently the 22nd Amendment for starters

The difference in relationship is irrelevant. The 22nd refers to a person {singular} and restricts a person from being elected more than twice; and only once if they served 2 yrs or more of someone elses term.
    It has no restrictions based on relatives of any kind who have been POTUS

Got it??

This happens at the end of the term of every president. To answer the original question though, I have voted for Obama twice now and I am would not like to see him win a third term in office. I have yet to wish Romney had won either, but I don't want to see him continue past this term either.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Having a little trouble understanding your thinking Bon.
    Is it your belief that a run by Hillary would be in violation of the Constitutinal limitation of 2 {full}presidential terms?
    If sp wouldn't youi then say that GW's getting elected for a 2 nd term also violated it?
    The constitution limits a person to two terms; not a family
    what I meant is How would you appoint MO as the POTUS without an election...IF BHO were to suspend the elections you would have the impetus for all hell to break loose...

I also think that people are in love with the idea that voting for Hilary somehow gets you Bill..nothing could be further from reality, How often are they seen together, its more a marriage of convenience, neither needs the hint of a separation to hurt their public image

I also think that there is no way in hell the country nominates a Jeb Bush...GWB's exit took care of that notion, he damaged the family name and reputation,irrepairable damage IMHO
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Not so sure Bon, next to Ted Cruz and Rick Santorum, Jeb Bush would look like a really good president.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    Not so sure Bon, next to Ted Cruz and Rick Santorum, Jeb Bush would look like a really good president.
    Rick Santorum..seriously...I have a problem with Ted Cruz , what legislation has he championed...None...if you stop and think about it he is the R version of BHO..He gets elected US Senator and goes into campaign mode or at least those that back him are saying lets vote for CRUZ, based on what ? just because they like the way he criticizes the current POTUS, hardly makes him qualified for being the leader of this country
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Stan,

Look what you started! How do you think these topics up? You are the MASTER!

Really enjoying this one....-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    fdr .................................................. .................................................. ..........................
    Charly,

That was before the 22nd Amendment was passed in 1951. This Congress can't agree on what week it is, let alone repeal an amendment to the Constitution.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Apparently the 22nd Amendment for starters

The difference in relationship is irrelevant. The 22nd refers to a person {singular} and restricts a person from being elected more than twice; and only once if they served 2 yrs or more of someone elses term.
    It has no restrictions based on relatives of any kind who have been POTUS

Got it??
    I got it but apparently you don't. I never meant to imply that spouses couldn't hold office but that the relationship between spouses and parents/children is different.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth