The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Term??

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    fdr .................................................. .................................................. ..........................
    FDR was elected to 4 terms before the 22nd amendment was passed. Barring its repeal, anyone's third term election is sure to be declared invalid by the courts not to mention being removed by impeachment. Repeal of the amendment is as likely as hitting the moon with a slingshot.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Rick Santorum..seriously...I have a problem with Ted Cruz , what legislation has he championed...None...if you stop and think about it he is the R version of BHO..He gets elected US Senator and goes into campaign mode or at least those that back him are saying lets vote for CRUZ, based on what ? just because they like the way he criticizes the current POTUS, hardly makes him qualified for being the leader of this country
    I am not endorsing him, but that is how the Red Ticket is forming so far.
    During break time at obedience school, two dogs were talking.
    One said to the other..."The thing I hate about obedience school is you learn ALL this stuff you will never use in the real world."

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I got it but apparently you don't. I never meant to imply that spouses couldn't hold office but that the relationship between spouses and parents/children is different.
    Gee Mike thanks for clearing that up for us. However, what is the RELEVANCE to the conversation? I didn't see any post that claimed "that the relationship between spouses and parents/children is different"

The conversation is NOT about some backwoods part of the world where family trees don't fork!!
    The conversation is about BHO running for a 3rd term. That is not possible due to the 22nd A Nor could GW or Bill run again. However, Michelle or Hillary or Jeb or ANY of their kin or spouses are not in any way precluded by the 22A.

GOT IT!!!!????

Quote Originally Posted by Henlee View Post
    I am not endorsing him, but that is how the Red Ticket is forming so far.
    according to whom ?....

this is a poll from Real Clear Politics

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...tion-3823.html
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Gee Mike thanks for clearing that up for us. However, what is the RELEVANCE to the conversation? I didn't see any post that claimed "that the relationship between spouses and parents/children is different"

The conversation is NOT about some backwoods part of the world where family trees don't fork!!
    The conversation is about BHO running for a 3rd term. That is not possible due to the 22nd A Nor could GW or Bill run again. However, Michelle or Hillary or Jeb or ANY of their kin or spouses are not in any way precluded by the 22A.

GOT IT!!!!????
    What is so difficult about this for you? My comment was to S Head about his comment to Luvy. Since when do posts have anything to do with the original thread? As I stated before, I never said that spouses or relatives can't run. Perhaps you should consider a reading comprehension course.

GOT IT?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    What is so difficult about this for you? My comment was to S Head about his comment to Luvy. Since when do posts have anything to do with the original thread? As I stated before, I never said that spouses or relatives can't run. Perhaps you should consider a reading comprehension course.

GOT IT?
    Mike it is you that needs a comprehension course. Luvy's comment {like yours} was also irrelevant and showed a misunderstanding of the issue and the controlling 22nd A

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Mike it is you that needs a comprehension course. Luvy's comment {li} was also irrelevant and showed a misunderstanding of the issue and the controlling 22nd A
    Sigh. Your right. I'm wrong. How could I have been so stupid? Will you ever forgive me?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

marc,
    to me the fact that bill served two terms does indeed disqualify hillary from running. m&k is right!

i take the constitution and its amendments literally. i take the bible literally!

mark-10:7-8, 7 for this cause shall a man leave his father and mother and cleave to his wife; 8 And they twain shall be one flesh; so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. kjv

this clearly states that biblically the clintons are one. i do not however feel the constitution or this verse would disqualify monica, paula or bill's other carnal interests from running!
    john mccallie

Leave the Bible out of it. Seperation of Church and State. The book is not relevant if you don't believe it. So let's not bring that in here as far as eligibility to run for office.
    Last edited by shinyhead; 04-10-2014 at 04:48 PM.

shiny, i am not a congressman. it would thus be impossible for me to "make a law respecting the establishment of religion". i was only mentioning what Jesus Christ is quoted to have said about a married couple.

btw, i am not opposed to hillary clinton as a presidential candidate. i supported and campaigned for a female candidate for president recently.........of my wife's "every other tuesday garden club"!
    john mccallie