RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Trainer in wisconsin

6K views 15 replies 13 participants last post by  Tim Culligan 
#1 ·
I an trying to find a trainer/training program in wi. The only request my wife has is that the puppy not go to a kennel she wants me to find someone who has classes where they will train me and the pup.

thanks

#5 ·
Gary Hansen, Cadens Kennel in Campbellsport, WI. 920-533-8579

#13 · (Edited)
There is a good trainer (careful building of skills and understanding of working with young green pup) that is going to be using my property once in a while. If you write me personally I can find the phone for you. I just arrived back from GA and am in the midst of unpacking so can't find much of anything right now. I am going to be working with this trainer with my new pup one day a week. I watched her train last season here. I live a little west of Oshkosh and highway 41. I have groomed training land and ponds. I am not leaving my pup either as I will be doing all of its training. I am guessing that working with this trainer might be a very good setting for your wife's concerns. Those first months make a difference as a foundation. I can give you some material to read and get started as I have no idea of what your background is with retrievers.

Please write me personally at the email mf96nfc@centurytel.net below as I seldom remember to look at PMs. It is also in my signature below.

Marilyn

Marilyn J Fender, PhD
Windstorm Retrievers - Wisconsin and Georgia
Home of 1996 NFC FC AFC Storm’s Riptide Star and birthplace to completing QAA of 2000 CNAFC CFC CAFC Quik Windstorm
mf96nfc@centurytel.net and nfcrascal@centurytel.net

#14 ·
It might be a bit of a drive for you, but there is a trainer in Delavan that I work with who does a great job tailoring the training to the dog and owner. He has been phenomenal about working with me regarding appointments. I do leave my dog with him, but there are others that travel. I suspect Ms. Bledsoe may know who I am referring to also. PM me if you would like his info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.