The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Pink hammers poison ?

Default Pink hammers poison ?

I bought some pink handled hammers as gifts. I ordered them so had no chance to read everything on the package first. They have a sticker on the outside of the package that states "Warning: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm". Of course it was made in China. I'm wondering how often these things are sold in America ? Just before this I bought one of those cute little tape measures for part of a birthday gift and it had the same warning ( I ordered it and had it sent directly to a family member ). I'm concerned that these things add up as we handle them. I don't know if it's the paint/coating or if it's in the metal part of the item.
    Pink rubberized handle grip may be where it is on the hammers.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

I don't know why something like a hammer is imported to the US in this condition.
    Eric

WRC HR Lennoxlove's Run with Wolves JH, WCX ("Cheyenne") ... still so fondly remembered
    HRCh Struan's Devil's in De Tails SH, WCX ("Lucy")
    SR CH Struan's Flight of Fancy JH ("Muse")
    Struan's Master of the Hunt JH, WC ("Charlie")
    Struan's Just Plain Perfect ("Jane")
    Struan's Driving Us Crazy ("Daisy") ... the baby in charge

Quote Originally Posted by charly_t View Post
    I bought some pink handled hammers as gifts. I ordered them so had no chance to read everything on the package first. They have a sticker on the outside of the package that states "Warning: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm". Of course it was made in China. I'm wondering how often these things are sold in America ? Just before this I bought one of those cute little tape measures for part of a birthday gift and it had the same warning ( I ordered it and had it sent directly to a family member ). I'm concerned that these things add up as we handle them. I don't know if it's the paint/coating or if it's in the metal part of the item.
    Pink rubberized handle grip may be where it is on the hammers.
    Tri-tronics won't even ship a collar battery to California because they are banned there in Lala land.