The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you register your guns?

Default Would you register your guns?

Those living in New York have a big decision to make before this Tues.

ALBANY Come Tuesday, owners of assault weapons in New York will be faced with a choice: Register those firearms with the state or potentially face a felony charge.

With the registration deadline set for Tuesday, they'll soon have their chance.

"We are not asking our members what they are going to do, nor are we advising them what to do," said Tom King, president of the New York State Rifle & Pistol Association. "When someone asks me, I say it's a personal choice and I don't want to know."

The consequences of ignoring the deadline are severe.
    If a gun owner is found to have knowingly violated the registration requirement, they could face either a misdemeanor for failing to register or a felony for illegal possession of an assault weapon.
    http://www.lohud.com/story/news/poli...hoice/7663475/
    I don't think I smell like a brewery. I was drinking Scotch.

CT deadline already passed.
    Hihope Hiland Heathen of Perth CD, RE, CGC, TDI

It was remarkable to see all the Connecticut gun owners lining up to register their guns.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Conn...w=1280&bih=852

Would think that many didn't, or not all were registered by those in line. It will certainly help the authorities be able to confiscate them when they make more laws.
    I don't think I smell like a brewery. I was drinking Scotch.

Guns? What guns?
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Guns? What guns?
    My thought, exactly. What kind of nut actually owns guns, anyway??
    Any doctrine that weakens personal responsibility for judgment and for action helps create the attitudes that welcome and support the totalitarian state.
    (John Dewey)

Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
    (George Washington)

Gig'em Aggies!! BTCO'77HOO t.u.!!

www.HughLieck.photoshelter.com

Too old to hunt because then you have to dress the game.....too much work for old people Hunt entirely with cameras anymore. However, some dirty, no good varmint ate the Blue Bird's eggs late yesterday or last night. If I knew what it was I would probably hunt for it. Last time I used my cane..........works okay.
    charly

There ought to be one day -- just one -- when there is open season on Congressmen.
    ~Will Rogers~

Quote Originally Posted by .44 magnum View Post
    It was remarkable to see all the Connecticut gun owners lining up to register their guns.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Conn...w=1280&bih=852

Would think that many didn't, or not all were registered by those in line. It will certainly help the authorities be able to confiscate them when they make more laws.
    That is exactly what CT gun owners are figuring. The state estimated there were 350-400,000 guns to be registered, but only 50,000 have registered. I read that someone (or some group) suggested that the state should use the background check info available to track down those who have not registered. Uh ... sort of makes you think that registration could very well end up being used as a means of confiscation, doesn't it?

It appears that, to a large degree, the gun owners are thumbing their noses at the new law. The same kind of trend is anticipated in NYS.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

That is exactly what CT gun owners are figuring. The state estimated there were 350-400,000 guns to be registered, but only 50,000 have registered. I read that someone (or some group) suggested that the state should use the background check info available to track down those who have not registered. Uh ... sort of makes you think that registration could very well end up being used as a means of confiscation, doesn't it?

It appears that, to a large degree, the gun owners are thumbing their noses at the new law. The same kind of trend is anticipated in NYS.
    That a good point Gerry
    Those who do not register their guns are criminals and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Waltz into their homes and beat the snot out of these lawless bastards.. Bean bag the pathetic law breakers and sic the dogs on them and then cuff um weather their dead or alive . Bail set at 10 million. An example needs to be set for future law breakers,, And by the way a message to the illegal aliens,,,, the free money and food is located at this address and the emergency room is that way. Can we help you with anything else.
    Proud liberal regards
    Pete

Pete
    John 5 :30
    I can of my own self do nothing ,as I hear , I judge,,and my judgement is just, because I seek not my own will,,but the will of the father which hath sent me
    John 7:16 -- Jesus answered them and said my doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.
    mark 16:9 -- So then after the lord had spoken unto them,he was received up in heaven, and sat on the right hand of God
    I Tim. 2:5 --For there is one God and one mediator between God and man ,, the man Christ Jesus

Seriously? You have to come down and stand in line in the freezing cold all day? Forget it. Don't they have the interwebs in CT?

To the original question, I am getting older and forgetful. It is virtually certain that I might forget to tell Uncle Sugar about one or two--totally unknowingly, of course.

It's often cited that deportation of illegals is just too expensive to do. When has expense ever stopped the Fed govt from doing something they really want to do? Wonder how much it would cost to track down those guns in CT that have not been registered per the new law?

If owners of these "assault rifles" retrofit them (if that were possible) so they no longer look like the misnomer dreamed up, maybe they don't have to register them?

Even harder, one piece mentioned, to register the magazines over 10 bullets. Cited a figure of millions of them that would need to be registered. Don't recall a figure for how many have actually been registered.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.